Reaction score
Let me know if I’m missing anything
This is why I dislike topics such as:

- What's the best MA system on earth?
- Who is the best fighter on earth?
- Who is te best teacher on earth?

What you have missed in that list are:

Striking - CMA.
Take down - Chinese wrestling (Shuai Chiao).
Weapon - CMA.

OP
G

GreenieMeanie

Black Belt
Reaction score

Striking - CMA.
Weapon - CMA.

I appreciate the post--but how many people do you see wielding swords these days? Machete dueling is still a thing in some parts of the world, but even that's not compatible with this.

OP
G

GreenieMeanie

Black Belt
Reaction score

Striking - CMA.
Weapon - CMA.

C

Striking - CMA.
Weapon - CMA.

Is Shuai Chiao based entirely on the jacket, or is more like Jiujitsu, with garment manipulation as an option?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Are the methods of Chinese and Japanese interchangeable in this case?
Chinese said that Judo came from Japanese wrestling, but Japanese don't agree with it. Both arts are very similar.

IMO, the major difference is in Chines wrestling with jacket, you try to break apart your opponent's grips as much as you can. I don't see this in Judo that much.

Last edited:
OP
G

GreenieMeanie

Black Belt
Reaction score
Chinese said that Judo came from Japanese wrestling, but Japanese don't agree with it. Both arts are very similar.
My understanding, is that Judo was the evolution from traditional Jiujitsu practices that weren't working anymore.

In any case--thank you for the addition.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Skills—MMA, this is your base, everything else is a software upgrade

a) Striking—Boxing, Muy Thai, kickboxing

b) Grappling—Wrestling, Jiujitsu, Judo

c) Takedowns—Wrestling, Judo

d) Weapons—Silat and Kali/Eskrima

I pretty much agree with this list. I don't know about the rest, I am not familiar.

MuyThai definitely my first choice for striking bar none, by a mile. I would include Tae Kwon Do because of the kicking, but that pretty much included in kickboxing already. Muy Thai pretty much includes boxing hands, TKD kicks(not as fancy which is good) and elbows and knees.

I learn judo before, I think Wrestling and Jujitsu are a little more effective.

This list is very effective and winning fights and competitions based on real world. That's what UFC MMA is based on and it is proven to be the winning ticket. Not necessary very "artistic", but kick butts. That to me, is the key of MA. It's an art of kicking butts. You want artistic and beauty, learn ballet or modern dance.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My understanding, is that Judo was the evolution from traditional Jiujitsu practices that weren't working anymore.

In any case--thank you for the addition.
Who cares, I learned judo, I cannot tell the difference between judo I learned and Chinese Wrestling that Kung Fu Wang's videos. Sparring is very dynamic, you cannot say this should be this and that should be that, all in a grey area when you are in the middle of the fight. They just look the same to me.

A lot of techniques like this, kicking and punching of different styles can be very similar, one cannot nitpick whether the knee is higher with this style, more pivot with that style and all that, or how you throw, where your hand is and all that. Those to me are just all talk. Go practice, talk less, win some fights.

I learn TKD/kickboxing. I watched comparison between Muy Thai side kicks and TKD kicks, they are similar, BUT I like Muy Thai kicks better because it doesn't emphasize picking the knee very high, pivot very hard. Effectiveness to me is the same, but as a victim that injured my back from the TKD kicks, I think in the long run, Muy Thai kicks are easier on the back. I might not have injured my back if I practice Muy Thai at the time.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
kicking and punching of different styles can be very similar,
As long as you can develop your toolbox, which style that your individual tool may come from is not important.

Does it matter that your

- hook punch come from long fist, preying mantis, or boxing?
- roundhouse kick come from TKD, or MT?
- hip throw come from Shuai Chiao, or Judo?
- footwork come from long fist, Shuai Chiao, Bagua, or boxing, ...?
- power generation come from Baji, XYLH, or Chen Taiji?

IMO, it matter very little.

Last edited:

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
As long as you can develop your toolbox, which style that your individual tool may come from is not important.

Does it matter that your

Yes, it does NOT matter. So why you keep pointing out every little difference? Most of your posts are about the little difference, the exact position and all.

Like you even trying to distinguish between using the feet to break the fall vs slapping with hands between your chinese wrestling and judo. WHAT DIFFERENCE? I can throw someone so they cannot use feet to break the fall. THE KEY IS TO BREAK THE FALL!!!

I know you are trying very hard to promote CMA, but you have to be fair and have an open mind that other MA is just as good......BASED on who wins the fight. Like I said, if anyone feel so strongly theirs is better, go into the Octagon. STOP MAKING EXCUSES. WIN A FIGHT WITH THEIR STYLE, THAT SAID IT ALL.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes, it does NOT matter. So why you keep pointing out every little difference? Most of your posts are about the little difference, the exact position and all.
The little differnce is the integration. For example.

- Boxing hook punch uses fist. SC hook punch uses inside edge of the forearm.

If you use SC hook punch, you can combine hook punch and head lock into one move. If you use boxing hook punch, you don't have that level of integration.

Of course if the striking art and wrestling art integration is not your concern, that little difference is not important to you.

Last edited:

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The little differnce is the integration. For example.

- Boxing hook punch uses fist. SC hook punch uses inside edge of the forearm.

If you use SC hook punch, you can combine hook punch and head lock into one move. If you use boxing hook punch, you don't have that level of integration.
Like I said, tell people to go into the Octagon, use whatever their style of theirs, DO NOT FIGHT LIKE MMA and win a fight, then I'll listen. When people got their butts handed to them, it's very hard to listen to their reason.

Just go into the octagon and win. Let the WIN do the talking. I am so sick and tired of reading excuses after excuses why they cannot compete on the WORLD STAGE. Go, win a fight.

I am a Chinese, you think I like that people of CMA got beaten so bad? I so wish someone actually can use CMA to win something real. 30 years after Gracie, still talking trash. BE HUMBLE, LEARN.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Like I said, tell people to go into the Octagon, use whatever their style of theirs, DO NOT FIGHT LIKE MMA and win a fight, then I'll listen.
Give another 10 more years. I'm sure you will see this "true striking art and throwing art integration" used in UFC.

hook punch + head lock + leg block.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Give another 10 more years. I'm sure you will see this "true striking art and throwing art integration" used in UFC.

hook punch + head lock + leg block.

You have 50 years since Bruce Lee, 30 years since Royce Gracie!!!

They already have it for a long time!!! What you show is just judo. I learned this in the 60s already. I forgot the name, Judo have strange names. You are talking about they just different cloths?!!!

As a student of Judo before, Judo is no match to wrestling and BJJ. I just do not defend Judo JUST because I learn it before. I so wish they have open GRAPPLING contest so for once showing which grappling is the most effective.

I credit you are open minded to mixed martial arts, there's still so many that refuse to accept that the time has changed. It's really holding us back.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just go into the octagon and win. Let the WIN do the talking.
There is an issue on this.

Yu can only fight in the ring between age 18 - 36 (Muhammad Ali retired at age of 36). Can people be able to develop some solid skill before that?

IMO, some skill you may be able to develop before your 36. Some skill may take you much longer than that (such as the true integration of the striking art and the throwing art). So even if you may have developed some skill after your 36 age, you may not have chance to test it in the ring any more.

In other words, in UFC, you may only see those techniques that can be developed in a short period of time.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Yu can only fight in the ring between age 18 - 36 (Muhammad Ali retired at age of 36). Can people be able to develop some solid skill before that?

IMO, some skill you may be able to develop before your 36. Some skill may take you much longer than that (such as the true integration of the striking art and the throwing art). So even if you may have developed some skill after your 36 age, you may not have chance to test it in the ring any more.

In other words, in UFC, you may only see those techniques that can be developed in a short period of time.
Now, this is new one!!! I guess you have no idea how good their conditioning are!!! You try to fight them after 40?!!!

Can always start something and challenge those MMA people. Or better yet, challenge one of those on the street. You want no rules, that will do it. I am sure one of them will take you up.

Better yet, Xu Xiaodung has like a bounty on his head in China for anyone that can beat him. I heard it's $10K or even more. He's NOT a very good MMA fighter, got beat already, He almost got knocked out by someone that fight like Muy Thai. Start with him first. Beat him up, and go from there. See how that end up first.

Just do it, don't make excuses. If anyone can win over MMA, they'll be famous.

Just want to show this:

Last edited:
OP
G

GreenieMeanie

Black Belt
Reaction score

Does it matter that your

Precisely why the list is organized, as it is.

OP
G

GreenieMeanie

Black Belt
Reaction score

Now, this is new one!!! I guess you have no idea how good their conditioning are!!! You try to fight them after 40?!!!

Can always start something and challenge those MMA people. Or better yet, challenge one of those on the street. You want no rules, that will do it. I am sure one of them will take you up.

Better yet, Xu Xiaodung has like a bounty on his head in China for anyone that can beat him. I heard it's $10K or even more. He's NOT a very good MMA fighter, got beat already, He almost got knocked out by someone that fight like Muy Thai. Start with him first. Beat him up, and go from there. See how that end up first.

Just do it, don't make excuses. If anyone can win over MMA, they'll be famous.

Just want to show this:
This is not the thread for this argument.

OP
G

GreenieMeanie

Black Belt
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with this list. I don't know about the rest, I am not familiar.

MuyThai definitely my first choice for striking bar none, by a mile. I would include Tae Kwon Do because of the kicking, but that pretty much included in kickboxing already. Muy Thai pretty much includes boxing hands, TKD kicks(not as fancy which is good) and elbows and knees.

I learn judo before, I think Wrestling and Jujitsu are a little more effective.

This list is very effective and winning fights and competitions based on real world. That's what UFC MMA is based on and it is proven to be the winning ticket. Not necessary very "artistic", but kick butts. That to me, is the key of MA. It's an art of kicking butts. You want artistic and beauty, learn ballet or modern dance.
That does not surprise me. RBSD is kind of a niche, insider community, with a lot of lesser quality copycats to sift through.