Folding utility knife (boxcutter)

Originally posted by Sharp Phil
"Martial" artists who harbor irrational fear of weapons are deluding themselves. There can be no self-defense in an environment built on the evasion of reality.

Yes...an irrational fear is not good. A realistic understanding is, however.

Those who understand the realistic applications and limitations of [any given weapon] do not fear [weapons] at all. That is why there are so few real shooters who support gun control. Every now and again the left-wingers try to produce someone they claim is on their side who is also an "avid shooter," but they're not often legitimate.

[edited for clarification]

Those who understand the realistic applications and limitations of [any given weapon] do not fear [weapons] at all. That is why there are so few real shooters who support gun control. Every now and again the left-wingers try to produce someone they claim is on their side who is also an "avid shooter," but they're not often legitimate.

[edited for clarification]

What would you classify as a real shooter? I would consider myself rather left politically, yet I have been hunting since I was a child and I own three guns - a 44 mag, 12 gauge, and a 7mm mag rifle. With each of these weapons I can put up a quarter grouping. Am I a "real shooter?" Just curious...

Originally posted by arnisador
Please, no! Don't answer!

Sorry, I sensed a stereotype that needed a little shaking. It's an assumption though and many times I am completely wrong. Wrong forum for this discussion anyway...

I can sense that discussion on this issue will likely mirror the one held previously on this thread:

Duck season!
Rabbit season!
Duck season...

It's been an enjoyable discussion, but I don't think I can take any more.

Respectfully,

Steve Lamade

A "real shooter" is someone who is educated, trained, and experienced in the use of firearms -- as opposed to the "shooters" dragged out by gun control shills every once in a great while, who are generally lying about their knowledge of guns. One example that comes readily to mind was some fellow who claimed to be a shooter but supported a ban on so-called "junk guns." Can't have poor people defending themselves, after all.

A "real shooter" is someone who is educated, trained, and experienced in the use of firearms -- as opposed to the "shooters" dragged out by gun control shills every once in a great while, who are generally lying about their knowledge of guns. One example that comes readily to mind was some fellow who claimed to be a shooter but supported a ban on so-called "junk guns." Can't have poor people defending themselves, after all.

Good Point.

Back