Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Greetings...I've been laying low for a while
By William - 11-18-2008 09:30 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Greeting folks,

I heard from one of my students that my name was getting bandied about here on one of the threads so I thought I should check in. For a few of you who might of been wondering why I've been laying low for a while, last January my appendix ruptured which required major surgery and the loss of a couple of feet of intestine. Actually, according to the surgeon, my appendix had ruptured and my body formed an abscess around it which then burst itself. I very easily could have died. I guess it's a good thing I'm a tough ornery bastard. I had been having some abdominal issues leading up to that but my Ex-doc couldn't find anything after numerous tests. He assured me it probably wasn't my appendix because "I would be in extreme agony and know that's what it was". Well, I was never in extreme pain, dull pain yes. Intermittent fevers, nauseousness, and abdominal pain. He admits in hindsight that he should have realized my pain tolerance. If he asks me what the pain is like on a scale of 1 - 10, ten being extreme, and I say 4 or 5, that would equate to 8 or 9 for most normal folks. Years of getting hit with fists, elbows, shins, knees, and various impact weapons can do that to a person. :D

I've spent the last 10 - 11 months getting back on my feet and back into shape. Going from bed ridden to banging full bore has been a long process but I finally feel pretty much 100% again....and have a cool big old scar across my abdomen to show for it.... It was from a knife fight, really it was.:smirk:

Anyway, those of you gunning for me had your chance! :)

Many thanks to my students who went out of their way to help my family while I was down, and covered for me at the gym while I was out. You guys humble me and I'm very grateful. To the rest of you PTK folks, I hope to see you soon.

Best regards,
William

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions

Back