Is this pain normal, or should I switch styles?

OP
S

sweeper

well besides over exerting my muscles the only real pain I have experiemced in MA was from Judo, from being on my knees all the time my knee caps would kill me (actualy the conective tissue just beloq the "cap") I would go twice a week with the longest break being from thursday to tuesday.. I quit because I knew it wasn't something that would go away, actualy I talked to my instructor and he told me that alot of judo guys have problems with their knees or eventualy develop problems with their knees from the style of ground fighting.. what you are describing sounds like it's more of a conective tissue pain than a muscle pain? I don't know cause I'm not you :p. A muscle strain is obvious, your muscle will hurt, it's somethimes hard to pinpoint a conective tissue injury, in my experience (and I have had alot of sprains and pulled tendons) 90% of the time a doctor will tell you something that would be common sence, and that other ten percent they will tell you something that will prevent a life long injury, that ten percent makes going tot he doctor well worth it. as to the pain being normal? it could simply have tight ligaments, or your connectivetissue could be week. if you have tight ligaments it's not gona get better, if your tendons simply are a little week maybe you should lay off a little to let them recover and ease into it.. but that's something you have to judge for yourself, I don't know how you train and how you have trained in the past and I'm not even close to being a medical doctor..

Latest Discussions