FMA in Tokyo, Japan?

Argus

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I'm looking for Filipino Martial Arts or Martial Artists in Japan. I have some prior experience in Lameco Eskrima, and a little bit in Pekiti Tirsia as well, and would like to start training again.

I've found two schools already: Shin Kali, and Kali Majapahit. I haven't been in person to either of them, but neither seem to really be to the standard of my previous systems and teachers.

So, I was wondering if anyone happened to know of any better instructors, or even just groups or skilled practitioners in the area who are looking for training partners.

OP
A

Argus

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
There is also Kali Himagsikan, looks like they follow the PTI system.
www.kalihimagsikan.com
Thanks! I checked them out. They're a little far away, but I'll try to make it down for a lesson some time.

I found another group that I'm now training with:
For anyone who might stumble across this post: I have no idea if any of them speak English as I just stuck to Japanese the entire time, but they're a very friendly and open group.

They do mainly Modern Arnis, though it seems that the teacher and a few students know a little bit of Kalis Illustrisimo as well (which is without a doubt my favorite system!).

There's apparently someone teaching Kalis Illustrisimo (unassociated with this group) in Shizuoka as well. A bit too far for me, but hopefully I can visit one day if I have the chance.

Latest Discussions