Flying? New "Security Theater" Policy in play in US.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
While I agree with your concern Bob and think that we need to seriously look at what our gvt. is doing...there really is nothing "new under the sun".

Remember:

-Suspension of Habeus Corpus during the Civil War?
-American citizens rounded up and placed in internment camps?
-Food and fuel ration stamps?
-Scrap drives?
-Air raid drills?
-etc, etc?

Not that it minimizes the importance of your points, but I find it funny how many Americans think Armageddon is coming while they surf the internet while eating their junk food, watch their cable television with a beer in hand and go to the movies, shop and live an otherwise normal life yet think that "big brother" is going to put an RFID chip in them. It seems that our threshold of toughness and ability to "carry on" in the face of danger/uncertainty had degraded over the generations.

I wonder what our ancestors thought as they went through the Civil War/ WWI-II/etc? Were they willing to declare defeat when they had to change their day to day lifestyles?

Again. Not that what you are saying inst true or concerning. It's just a strange turn of "defeatist mindset" that I see more often than not.

I can only speak for myself, of course, but it's not so much a "defeatist" mind set as one of "quit stalling and let's get this over with already". If it is, really, in fact, necessary for the Bad Times to come in order to shut up these Orwellian types, , let them come now, while I'm still young enough to fight/survive, so I can live the rest of my life in peace if I'm lucky enough to survive.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still dont understand why people complain so much and constantly talk about their 'rights' being violated. Sorry, but there are things in life that we have to do that we may not like, and if we dont do them, then we wont be doing what it is that we wanted to do. Its really that simple. I mean, it goes back to the damned if you do, damned if you dont situation. Dont screen people and something happens, people ***** and cry. Do something when something bad happens, and people still ***** and cry.

Dont blame the people working the airports for doing their job, and yes, I know they're not always the brightest bulbs but still....no, instead, blame the **** bag, ******* terrorists, who make it necessary for all this BS to happen.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm no big fan of the TSA myself nor the wannabe types I have seen working the CP's. But these people are only doing what they are paid to do. The individual screeners are not the people who made up the policy.

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't think the issue is the government doing whatever is in its legally allowed power in order to keep us safe.

The issue is that they aren't really doing anything to keep us safe, at least not on the domestic front. Just a bunch of ridiculous activities so they can say, "Hey, look, we're doing something. Vote for me next year"

Reminds me of the Stuart Larkin character on MadTv: "Look what I can do!"

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Then maybe the TSA and all others wandering around in an airport or train station need to be better educated on things such as the law, local regulations and their own organizations regs.

Latest Discussions