J. Pickard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering what type of flooring/mats people use and for what type of training. I currently used carpet bonded foam (same as what is used for gymnastics floor routines) for our school but its nearly 30 years old an Im looking to upgrade. We train a fusion of old school TKD, karate, and kickboxing. We also do some grappling training and allow grappling when sparring (we have some black belts who are also wrestlers and Ive been training BJJ for about 2 years). I was checking out Zebra mats but not sure what would work best.

TIA.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just wondering what type of flooring/mats people use and for what type of training. I currently used carpet bonded foam (same as what is used for gymnastics floor routines) for our school but its nearly 30 years old an Im looking to upgrade. We train a fusion of old school TKD, karate, and kickboxing. We also do some grappling training and allow grappling when sparring (we have some black belts who are also wrestlers and Ive been training BJJ for about 2 years). I was checking out Zebra mats but not sure what would work best.

TIA.
We use the tatami-style mats at my school. They're pretty good for most stuff. We add folding gymnastics mats if we need extra padding for throws.

MsIbuki

White Belt
Reaction score
I was shocked at how many specialized appliances and floor cleaners niftytilecleaning.com.au have. I needed their help in cleaning and they came up with a lot of things that I didn't even know existed until then. I was very happy with the results because it smelled so good and cleaned up any dirt. I asked them also to clean my carpets and I was amazed at how many beautiful results they had left. In addition, the beautiful smell did not disappear even after a week. I was just so excited and I can't describe that feeling to you.

Latest Discussions