JR 137
Grandmaster
First thing I did was cry like a little baby. Because, well... I was a little baby.Really...hmm...the first thing I did was Irimi Nage the doctor for smacking me and spinning back kick (like Chuck Norris) the nurse for laughing![]()
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
First thing I did was cry like a little baby. Because, well... I was a little baby.Really...hmm...the first thing I did was Irimi Nage the doctor for smacking me and spinning back kick (like Chuck Norris) the nurse for laughing![]()
If he doesnāt speak Armenian, then weāve really run out of options.That's a great explanation! I love it! We need more teachers like you.
I wish you could meet my dad - he explained solar system to me twirling Christmas tree ornaments around one another. Of course... you might not have much to say to each other, since he doesn't speak a word of English.![]()
no we were discussing the effect of war on human development and culture, no wonder your mixed up if you cant remember in which discussion you miss used the word catalystNope. Topics that aren't pure sciences can be discussed from many standpoints. We were discussing - not using anthropological terminology (and "catalyst" wouldn't be used as a chemical term in that context, anyway). We were discussing the usage of a word, debating what makes something a "cult" in common usage (not in any anthropological definition - I rather doubt there is one).
You're just playing word games now, because you don't like where the discussion went. You've done that before. It didn't work then, either.
no, but you aren't your full adult height when you came out of the womb ether, unless your claiming that's not genetic eitherI did not come out of the womb with the in-born ability to juggle a soccer ball or do a hip throw. Nor with the ability to run 10 miles a day. All of those were developed.
If by "inseparable", you mean if I can't run (genetic issue), I can't run 10 miles, you're correct. If you mean the two concepts cannot be separated for discussion (being able to run 10 miles requires specific development for most people, while being able to run does not), then you are incorrect.
but it works either way round, either is a gift of genetics, or it is application of effort, which in its self is a gift of genetics.We discuss that too. Some people have a genetic disposition to be endurance athletes, some donāt. Look at the Kenyan marathon runners. But having the genes doesnāt guarantee anything either. It takes acquired skill. Even something as seemingly simple as running 26.1 miles (seemingly simple in the sense of strategy, not physically) takes significant acquired skill to be able to maximize oneās potential.
Hereās another one we discuss (in the older grades) - basketball. To be a truly elite player most often means height. Only one way to be 6ā5ā inches tall - genes. But how much Michael Jordanās hand-eye coordination, kinesthetic awareness, strength, endurance, and all around basketball smarts are genetic vs acquired are a debate. Iām quite sure not everyone from that famous tribe in Kenya is a natural born marathon runner, nor has the genetic potential to be. Thereās a lot to be said for the climate, altitude, and overall social support.
That conversation goes over 4th gradersā heads. Iāve tried. 7th-9th graders, not so much.
He speaks Russian and Ukrainian. The only words he knows in English are the ones he uses in question form with the international crews at his airport, "Fuel? Maintenance? Catering?"If he doesnāt speak Armenian, then weāve really run out of options.
At least we could teach each other swear words and phrases. Hand gestures and drawings while laughing would help us get our point across.![]()
True story - after almost dying at birth, I compensated by making "I am the boss" the first full sentence that came out of my mouth.Really...hmm...the first thing I did was Irimi Nage the doctor for smacking me and spinning back kick (like Chuck Norris) the nurse for laughing![]()
My mom explained such things to me via musical analogies. Andrea Guarneri was, arguably, a better violin maker than his teacher Amati and Amati's other great student Stradivari. He had an impeccable pitch, the flawless sense for producing just the right resonance in the wood, and beautifully deft hands. He was also very clever and a fast learner.We discuss that too. Some people have a genetic disposition to be endurance athletes, some donāt. Look at the Kenyan marathon runners. But having the genes doesnāt guarantee anything either. It takes acquired skill. Even something as seemingly simple as running 26.1 miles (seemingly simple in the sense of strategy, not physically) takes significant acquired skill to be able to maximize oneās potential.
Hereās another one we discuss (in the older grades) - basketball. To be a truly elite player most often means height. Only one way to be 6ā5ā inches tall - genes. But how much Michael Jordanās hand-eye coordination, kinesthetic awareness, strength, endurance, and all around basketball smarts are genetic vs acquired are a debate. Iām quite sure not everyone from that famous tribe in Kenya is a natural born marathon runner, nor has the genetic potential to be. Thereās a lot to be said for the climate, altitude, and overall social support.
That conversation goes over 4th gradersā heads. Iāve tried. 7th-9th graders, not so much.
I cried like a man, damnit.First thing I did was cry like a little baby. Because, well... I was a little baby.
You drift all over the place in all of your debates. The effect of war wasn't the original point, nor the main point.no we were discussing the effect of war on human development and culture, no wonder your mixed up if you cant remember in which discussion you miss used the word catalyst
At what point did I say anything about height?no, but you aren't your full adult height when you came out of the womb ether, unless your claiming that's not genetic either
So you're saying we're either genetically able to put forth an effort, or we aren't? You're lost, man.but it works either way round, either is a gift of genetics, or it is application of effort, which in its self is a gift of genetics.
its ALL genetics
some people are just lazy, but lazy can be good, its a lazy man who got tired of dragging things and invented the wheel, laziness has brought the human race a long way
that was the discussion in which you used the word catalyst, what went before or after doesn't change that matterial factYou drift all over the place in all of your debates. The effect of war wasn't the original point, nor the main point.
determination or dedication required to perfect a skill, is its self a genetic trait,So you're saying we're either genetically able to put forth an effort, or we aren't? You're lost, man.
I didn't cry. I was busy scheming.I cried like a man, damnit.
you didn't . i didAt what point did I say anything about height?
its spelt screamingI didn't cry. I was busy scheming.
Where's your evidence to support that assertion?determination or dedication required to perfect a skill, is its self a genetic trait,
Then what has it to do with my post?you didn't . i did
it was an anoligy to show how silly your not born juggling statement wasThen what has it to do with my post?