Firefox

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I recently installed Firefox 1.0. I've been using Mozilla for a while, but decided to give Firefox a whirl. I like it so far, but have to get used to the settings. Also can't figure out how to import all my Mozilla profiles.

Anyone else trying it?

Cthulhu

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Been using it for a bit now. The 1.0 release seems to be a touch slower than the PR's, but it's still a ton better than IE.

As far as importing, I'm not sure. It prompted to import that information when I installed the program. Might want to check the forums.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been using it for a week or so and love it. It beats the tar out of IE.

Mike

P

PeachMonkey

To import your Mozilla profiles, try "File->Import...".

A

AnimEdge

I was using firefox untill SP2 came out then went back to IE, must be outa habbit :p

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
PeachMonkey said:
To import your Mozilla profiles, try "File->Import...".

That must be dependent on the system which it's installed on, and the other applications there. If I do that on my laptop post-installation, it only shows IE import capability.

OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't clarify, but my original problem was importing multiple Mozilla profiles. When running Firefox for the 1st time, it only gives you the option of importing one.

What I did was run the profilemanager by adding "-profilemanage" to the shortcut. I renamed the profile I had already imported because Firefox simply called it 'default'. I then created a new profile and opened that. Then I went to File -> Import and imported my other Mozilla profile. Had to tweak the bookmarks folders a bit, but it worked just fine.

I'm going to wait until Thunderbird comes out with a 1.0 release before I switch e-mail clients and use Firefox as my default browser. So far, I've been very happy with it. The FoxyTunes extenstion is really nice.

Cthulhu

Latest Discussions