MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Adblock - Firefox Extension

Adblock 0.5.2.039, by The Adblock Crew, released on September 11, 2004

Quick Description

Once installed, it's a snap to filter elements at their source-address. Just right-click: Adblock: done. Filters use either the wildcard character (*) or full Regular Expression syntax. Hit the status-element and see what has or hasn't been blocked.

I've been using this for a few days and oh man is it great! A few of the sites I frequent are majorly slow, with tons of ads. I ran this, did some selective filtering now, no more ads, and the sites are blazingly fast. Easy install. :)

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been using that one too, very useful extension. Not having giatn flash ads cover up my screen makes things so much nicer...

Extensions are the biggest advantage Firefox has over IE IMO. The other stuff is nice, but extensions are the big seller.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been noticing firefox has been less effective as of late. Hopefully, this will help. Thanks for the tip!

A

ave_turuta

My browser does block absolutely everything since I switched to FireFox. However, I also rely on Webroot´s "SpySweeper," which is imho a fantastic program. It has saved me a lot of trouble since it detects all the dangerous crap floating around. I believe they also have a pop blocker per se, sold separately, which is much more efficient than all the other ones I have tried or seen.

Peace,
A.T.

Latest Discussions