fingers crossed

Reaction score
aaaahhhh , im back training after a 3 week break tomorrow , and we have to run for half an hour before each session now! i will most probably die!

anyway , getting to the point , its part of my "3 months extra hard training" , then after that in going to another part of england to fight (unoficialy) against other members of the club in a different location. my coach said if i do well he will pay for me to go see bouts in diferent areas in england , and i will get to start fighting aswell!

ive only been training for 1 year and im not gifted but with muay thai ive grasped the technique quickly , and im hoping to start bouts as soon as possible , as they say "you dont get good at fighting to enter compatitions , you enter compatitions to get good at fighting"

so , thats the good news , fingers crossed

wish me luck! and thanks for reading the thread

chris

p.s. any tips for my first fight or for the training will be greatly apreciated!!!!!!

King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Good luck Chris, the only advice I'd like to give you is to have fun with it. I think when it comes down to it, you may train for strength and skill but the audience responds to how much heart you show during your match.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
First of all, good luck. The extra running will pay off when you get in the ring and fight, your endurance should be much better. Most people tend to get nervous before their first fight, so try not to let that bother you. Work on speed and technique, if you got those down the power will come naturally. Most of all, have fun and enjoy it. Try smart and try to avoid injuries. Lastly, give your opponent one good kick for all your buddies at Martial Talk.

Slihn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Chris,
....also make sure that you are training yourself to be very versatile.I dont know what your paticular fighting range is(I think I you said that you like to knee in another post) but make sure that you train in all of them.I am saying this because I am in the same situation as you.You are starting your "hard training" soon and I am starting my "fighter's class" soon in perperation of an upcoming fight.My favortie attack without a doubt is the classic Muay Thai shin kick,but I have been training all of my tools lately.My boxing and my clinch have improved.I use to hit both because I wasnt good at them,I use to try and advoid both at all cost because they where my weakness, but now since I have been working on them, I find my self drawn to them while sparring.The idea is to find you weaknesses and destroy them through hard training so that when you fight you wont have a weakness for you oppoent to exploite.

Also being versatile also opens up many doors while fighting.With me I use to relay almost soley on my kicks but now I feel far more comfortable in all ranges of fighting and since that is so, I am bombard my oppoent with a vast of variety of techniques making it even much more so harder for him to perdict what I am going to do.Instead of just kicking ranges can change from kicking range,to boxing,to clinching,back to kicking and so fourth,keeping constant pressure on the opponet( a problem most kick fighters seem to have).

One last thing work on your foot work(I am speaking from a kicker's perspective)! I have noticed that most kickers have poor foot work,be careful to not cross your legs while moving and keep moving around(highly emhasied in Diamond/Dutchman Muay Thai).My instuctor often says ,"a blind man can hit a statue."

Well good luck and keep us posted on your training and your upcoming fight!

Latest Discussions