owowowowow! leg pains!

Reaction score
hi , i had training the day before yesturday , ive been put into the advanced class and we do things diferently compared to the intermediate so the training has changed , last lesson we did 12 minutes of skipping with a 30 break so we can stretch out evry 2 mins , and we done lots of kicks and sparring (mainly kicks).

the next morning i woke up with a pain in the back of both legs 3/4 of the way upbetween my knee and my ankle , the pain is on the muscle and 2 day after traiing (today) it still hurts , i cant explain the pain ...its just , well...a pain :idunno: and i just wondered if anyone alse has had this and what i should do , i have training tonight , should i skip this lesson and let my leg heal? i feel i could do training but it might make it worse

i think its probably the skipping and all the kicking we did , tonight we are doing (mainly) kicking again

next lesson is in about 4 hours , so any help apreciated

chris

King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Are you talking about your calves? I find that to be a common thing when I do a lot of skipping and running. I usually do calves stretches - the one where you put your hands on a wall and lean forward. You can stretch both feet or one at a time. You can also put the ball of your foot on a raised platform (so your heels are sticking out) and slowly raise yourself on your tippy toes for the stretch. I also recommend massaging them before and after your work out. Other than them being a pain my ajahn doesn't want to hear me complain about them.

A pro body builder also told me to sit on a chair (barefoot) and curl my toes which pulls my feet forward (Do one foot at a time). Do this toe-walking thing and it helps get rid of the lactic acid build up. Haven't tried this one too much so I can't say if it works.

OP
chris_มวยไทย
Reaction score
King said:
Are you talking about your calves? I find that to be a common thing when I do a lot of skipping and running. I usually do calves stretches - the one where you put your hands on a wall and lean forward. You can stretch both feet or one at a time. You can also put the ball of your foot on a raised platform (so your heels are sticking out) and slowly raise yourself on your tippy toes for the stretch. I also recommend massaging them before and after your work out. Other than them being a pain my ajahn doesn't want to hear me complain about them.

A pro body builder also told me to sit on a chair (barefoot) and curl my toes which pulls my feet forward (Do one foot at a time). Do this toe-walking thing and it helps get rid of the lactic acid build up. Haven't tried this one too much so I can't say if it works.

ok il try stretching them , thanks king

Latest Discussions