Finally....

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Back when I was training... lets not talk about how long ago that was... we had 2 classes a week for beginners and 2 for advanced. Fastforward to me returning after a long absence in 2010 to find just 2 classes a week, ALL belts. It's been absolute cluster at times, trying to get people the attention they need. This afternoon, I got the phone call that I have all of our old time slots back. I want to party it up tonight.... but it's monday. Still, I'm excited as hell, and get to start my need time this week.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Awesome news!

I was stuck filling in for a friend in an all belt class, and it was a big one, too...oye veh....a lot of ground to cover!

eliteguardian

White Belt
Reaction score
My dojang has the exact same problem except we do have two slots but the lower belts won't shift over to our less advanced course. We can't teach the stuff we would really like to teach to the red belts because of the massive amounts of yellow stripes or yellow belts.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
My dojang has the exact same problem except we do have two slots but the lower belts won't shift over to our less advanced course. We can't teach the stuff we would really like to teach to the red belts because of the massive amounts of yellow stripes or yellow belts.

Doesn't the instructor set the times for when each class meets?

If it's a major problem I imagine just telling the advanced belts that the slot originally set up for the lower belts would now be theirs would solve the problem.

Pax,

Chris

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agree with earlier posters. "You're in the wrong class. Your class is from x-y. See you then..."

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some number of regularly scheduled advanced classes is necessary in most arts, I think--it hold sup your progression at the higher levels otherwise.