Finally, a combat sport for everyone

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
They recently rebooted the movie True Lies as a TV show. There's one scene in the pilot episode where they're doing a heist, and the alarm is triggered by sound. So when a guard comes into the room, Harry clinches him with a pillow covering his face so he can't talk, and to soften the sounds of his elbow strikes.

You can see one of them briefly just after the 1:30 mark in this trailer.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
They recently rebooted the movie True Lies as a TV show. There's one scene in the pilot episode where they're doing a heist, and the alarm is triggered by sound. So when a guard comes into the room, Harry clinches him with a pillow covering his face so he can't talk, and to soften the sounds of his elbow strikes.

You can see one of them briefly just after the 1:30 mark in this trailer.

That used to be a thing. Someone actually made a specific pillow to do that.

MetalBoar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Man, dangerous stuff! I've still got a good sized scar on the back of my head from the infamous Bedroom Brawl of 1979. I'm sure my friend's mother still has nightmares.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
All of that is crazy. Sounds like the world has a lot of aggression that they need to release. I don't know what's worse. The sports of it or how the announcer makes it sound like a real thing. ha ha ha.. I'm going to found an announcer for my kung fu forms.

Latest Discussions