Fight Quest Kyokushinkai Karate Tonight!

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Brian. I was wondering what style of Karate they were doing.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They better! I think I still have bruises from my days in Kyokushin!

Yeah they are a tough lot that is for sure.
icon14.gif

Bobby135

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just got through watching the show. These guys take beatings. The karate on Human Weapon and the Kumite was nothing like that. I was very impressed. Now I am watching the Kali episode and the one that is studying Modern Arnis and he gets a good one on the leg.

Now that Martial Arts are getting more popular due to the UFC and other MMA clubs it is nice to show the plethora of Martial Arts out there. Maybe im just a geek, but i think the more that the general public knows about Martial Arts the better.

Bobby

buldog

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Great episode! They really took a beating this time. I have to hand it to the hosts, they are some real tough guys. Both absorbed some real hard shots and took the pain without complaint. Doug's knee was messed up before the last fight but he went in anyway. That style is not for those afraid of pain! This show has been much better than Human Weapon so far. I hope it continues.

Martin h

Green Belt
Reaction score
Good episode, but the kyokushin fighters in the end fight held back almost as much as the kyokushin fighter in the human weapon episode.
They downed the show hosts a few times temporarily, but it was more like accidents and not intentional.

Sure they pulled up the heat a little bit, but they didnt go in to end the fight like if it had been a real knockdown karate fight.
Like how they mysteriously didnt lowkick the host with the beat-up leg at all.

It was more like hard but friendly sparring.

I can see why they would not want to KO the guests, but they could atlest show a real fight between serious kyokushin guys doing their best to put out the lights of their opponent. just to show how it is done.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good episode, but the kyokushin fighters in the end fight held back almost as much as the kyokushin fighter in the human weapon episode.
They downed the show hosts a few times temporarily, but it was more like accidents and not intentional.

Sure they pulled up the heat a little bit, but they didnt go in to end the fight like if it had been a real knockdown karate fight.
Like how they mysteriously didnt lowkick the host with the beat-up leg at all.

It was more like hard but friendly sparring.

I can see why they would not want to KO the guests, but they could atlest show a real fight between serious kyokushin guys doing their best to put out the lights of their opponent. just to show how it is done.

ya, but i didnt see any technique ... just pound each other in the chest and belly and ribs.... and maybe a kick to the head once in a while... sorry was not impressed with it.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
These guys all trained very hard! I was really impressed.
I have a question for you karateka though.... TKD often gets a bad rap because we allow kicks to the head but no hand techniques. But in Fight Quest they laid down the same rules. Is this the standard, or did they just do this for the episode?

Shotokan

White Belt
Reaction score

That's been my problem with shows like this one and the Human Weapon. If these two guys are fighting the "best" fighters in a Martial Art, don't you think the hosts of show would get pounded. They say that both of those guys have fighting experience but they spend five days with a Martial Arts master and then suddenly become good enough to fight the best in that art?

Latest Discussions