Favorite childhood toy

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I also loved me BB gun!:mp5:

Got me into plenty of trouble, though. You would've thought that the neighbors really didn't want their windows to have little holes in them?:rolleyes:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Henderson said:
Evel Kneivel on his motorcycle with the ramp/base that you cranked to wind him up....then off it flew!!!

Oh yes. I had one of those too. It was great.

But my favorite would probably be my Huffy bicycle that looked like a mini-bike with it's faux gas tank. I would ride the heck out of the trails around the neighbor hood.

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My chemistry set! Gasoline and things that went "bang."

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
HKphooey said:
TTP Motorcycles and cars. Those things rocked! Especially the Evil Knevil model.
Were those the ones that had the t-handle that you pulled to rev them up?

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, but those were wicked cool too! They also had an Evil Knevil version of that too.

These were the one with the pump tower that you would pump and then release down the ramp. You good get sets with ramps and barrels to jump.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
HKphooey said:
No, but those were wicked cool too! They also had an Evil Knevil version of that too.

These were the one with the pump tower that you would pump and then release down the ramp. You good get sets with ramps and barrels to jump.
Ah, ok. I think the other ones were SST or something similar... When they crashed the doors and hood would fly off...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hot Wheels in the 70's.Prior to anything by Tonka...

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My fav toy ... dirt, mud puddles, and trees.

My mom said I got so dirty that I changed race in about a minute. I climbed trees, built cool dirt castles, houses, ect, and I loved playing in mud puddles .... mud pie fight!

I remember this big huge box my parents got a washer in, I believe. I played in that thing for days. I made a little fort out it.

I got stuff like barbies and stuff as gifts, but I either didn't play with them or I would destroy them.

I was such a tom-boy (still am :D ).

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Related to the best Christmas present thread is this.

What was your favorite toy as a child?

It's probably the one you played with the most though not necessarily. It may be one that you had for a very short time but remember fondly. Unlike the Christmas thread, this toy could have come from anywhere; maybe even something you found by accident.

anything that has wheels.. could be moved by a remote control, my hand as a kid, or feet as a bigger kid...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Gemini said:
Hands down...GI Joe.
Yep, all those adventures I had with mine... mind you the 12" version of the toy and alllll those accessories... probably made Barbie just green with envy. Olive drab even... :uhyeah:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
karatekid1975 said:
My fav toy ... dirt, mud puddles, and trees.

My mom said I got so dirty that I changed race in about a minute. I climbed trees, built cool dirt castles, houses, ect, and I loved playing in mud puddles .... mud pie fight!

I remember this big huge box my parents got a washer in, I believe. I played in that thing for days. I made a little fort out it.

I got stuff like barbies and stuff as gifts, but I either didn't play with them or I would destroy them.

I was such a tom-boy (still am :D ).

You, would make a good caver :uhyeah:

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
Yep, all those adventures I had with mine... mind you the 12" version of the toy and alllll those accessories... probably made Barbie just green with envy. Olive drab even... :uhyeah:
Taken out of context, that sounds pretty twisted, eh? :uhyeah:

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
You, would make a good caver :uhyeah:

I went caving once with my summer camp as a kid. I can remember going in this hole in the side of a mountain, going through some "tight" spots, sliding down a little ways on slippery rocks, following the camp leader to a spot with a stream inside the mountain. As a kid, I was like "NO WAY! There's a stream in here!" Crystal clear water. It was cool.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite toys were plastic horses, complete with saddles, bridles, fences, barns, trees etc. Not Breyer, smaller but very detailed. Aggravated my mom since my ranches sprawled out all over my bedroom floor. It was the pitts to have to pick them all up for cleaning. Later, I collected Hagen Renaker ceramic horses which all got broken, or thrown away when I left home for school.

I liked hula hoops for the diversity of play--they made good horse harnesses!
For all that, I never had a horse. Got close last year, but decided two dogs and two birds are enough to take care of. TW

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When I was a kid, I had this small yellow rubber knife (possibly a rubber yellow hunting knife). I took it everywhere with me.

Fast forward two and a half decades, I carry a similar shape, same relative size pilot survival knife (leather handle, normally part of the AIRSAVE vest inventory) everywhere I go (in uniform, anyway).

Must be a comfort thing...