So who has pets?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Maybe there is already a thread on this, but I was too lazy to search it out. Who has pets?

We have two cats:

Grendel - female
Beowulf - male

They are about as nutty as they come, and they rule our household.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Two cats also. Black Bombay boy named Zip. Brownish female tabby name Roufus.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Three pets, between my gf and myself.
Peco - a springer spaniel/coonhound mix
Hanzo/Fat Kitty & Hannya/Little One - My two cats. Hanzo is mostly black with gold highlights, and Hannya is calico.

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
A Bull Terrier called Nelson [yeah he's white with a dark patch around his eye]. Grrrrrrr... He looks real tough but he's a big softie [like me s'pose] hehe.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We have some crazy animal management going on in my house right now.

It all began 8 1/2 years ago when I picked up a darling Jack Russell Terrier pup. She is a very good girl. Terrier through and through but listens well. Her name is Abby.

We decided to breed Abby. We allowed 2 litters then had her spayed. We kept a puppy from the final litter. Because of the nature of JRT's we were advised to keep a male pup as 2 males, or 2 females will not get along. :rolleyes:
Yeah, right. Didn't work this time.

Moose, (who happened to be the biggest of the litter, and the piggiest little eater, and had more gumption than any of the other puppies) turned out to be a bad, bad boy. He DOES NOT play well with others. He turned out to be a highly dominant dog and Abby is not aggressive but she won't back away from Moose either.

So, we have taken to having to feed them individually so they don't kill each other while eating, even when they have separate bowls. So, one goes downstairs while the other eats. Also, no toys allowed with the exception of an old rope bone and some tennis balls. All other toys are cause for a war.

I've always liked cats. Abby is good with cats and other animals. Moose is not. So, we have been unable to get a cat.

HOWEVER, 3 weeks ago, when the weather was really crummy, the cutest little cat showed up on our front steps. A beautiful, sweet, little tortoiseshell/calico about 6 months old and the friendliest little thing ever.

I felt so sorry for her outside I did a big no-no. I locked the dogs downstairs and brought her into the house. I fed her. Now when she's outside and wants in the house she hangs on the screen of the back door and drives the dogs crazy.

She is now our indoor/outdoor cat, but mostly indoor. She sleeps in the house and prefers to be in most of the day too. So now we have to make sure Moose and the cat are NEVER upstairs at the same time or there WILL be bloody murder. Abby is good and is fine with "Mu Shu" My daughter named her after the dragon on "Mulan" because she has white whiskers on a black face making her look like a dragon.

So, the animal rotation has been a real circus. But we love our animals.

Here is Abby (the small one) and Moose with my son. Don't have a picture of MuShu yet.

Attachments

• $mini-Abby and Moose.jpg
    $mini-Abby and Moose.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 133

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
My Furbabies are

Tshingkha - 6.5 yr old black and White Husky
Chilli - 7 yr old Copper and White Husky
Cory - 12 year old Yellow Labradore

All three are bitches (girls that is)

:)

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
Maybe there is already a thread on this, but I was too lazy to search it out. Who has pets?

We have two cats:

Grendel - female
Beowulf - male

They are about as nutty as they come, and they rule our household.

Had recently, just got rid of two gorgeous angora rabbits and about to get rid of my beloved seahorse.

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sil Lum TigerLady said:
It all began 8 1/2 years ago when I picked up a darling Jack Russell Terrier pup. She is a very good girl. Terrier through and through but listens well. Her name is Abby.

We decided to breed Abby. We allowed 2 litters then had her spayed.

Just like the average couple.. Two kids then someone goes and gets neutered or spayed accordingly.

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Three cats, my wife is a cat nut, and one Ball Python and One Western Hognosed snake. I would post pictures but I am a computer idiot and I'm just happy to be able to turn this thing on!

Pax
Cujo

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have two cats named Bonny and Clyde and a black 6month old labrador named Karla!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
Just like the average couple.. Two kids then someone goes and gets neutered or spayed accordingly.

LMAO!!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Three Cats

Tiana - Names after a bit character in a Thieves World Novel - is a Black cat with white Bikini markings as is proper. ;) She is 14 and half.

David - Named after biblical David - Yellow Tiger - Orange Tabby - and he is 5+ years old. I inherited him when his previous owner went active as a Navy Chaplain.

Goliath - Golly for short - Named after the Biblical Goliath - Orange Tabby - The smaller of the two boys, but is polydactyl front and rear and very sensitive, so no one comment or look or he will be upset. ;) I inherited him at the same time.

OP
Flying Crane

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Tiana - Names after a bit character in a Thieves World Novel - is a Black cat with white Bikini markings as is proper. ;) She is 14 and half.

Thieves' World, rock on!!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a jet-black tabby female with gold/green eyes and her name is Vixen. Soon I'll be adopting Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
I have a jet-black tabby female with gold/green eyes and her name is Vixen. Soon I'll be adopting Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph.

Now who will then climb down my Chimney?

On the serious side, 9 cats is a lot to take care of. :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Now who will then climb down my Chimney?
Well, now, if you're on the DK, you might very well be surprised ....

On the serious side, 9 cats is a lot to take care of. :)
I was joking. Seriously - who in hell would own nine cats? Only if I wanted a divorce.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Currently we have...
2 aging pug dogs (Chipmunk and Mouse)
animal-smiley-036.gif
animal-smiley-036.gif

3 cats (Kasumi, Stormy, and Dust Bunny)
animal-smiley-091.gif

2 dwarf rabbits (Hobbit and Jelly Bean)
animal-smiley-022.gif
animal-smiley-050.gif