Fast Draw? Nope too late!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bob Munden claims 18 world records on being the fastest draw ever!
Granted he has a special made gun and holster... the speed is quite remarkable. 200ths of a second is purty dang quick thar pardner.
[yt]wLnmvseCseI[/yt]
I can admire his skill, and can forgive that cocky attitude.
Can't say much for that big wooden badge he wears though.

Speed is one thing... here's another on his accuracy.

[yt]dYdkt7yIFLY[/yt]

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, thats pretty crazy stuff. Have you seen the sword video of the guy who cuts 6mm Airsoft BB's in half, from the draw, while they are being shot at him out of an airsoft gun? Crazy good, like Bob.

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've seen Bob live. The funny thing about Bob is when he's "Cocky" he can back it up. So it's not really being "Cocky" just a lack of humbleness. But when you can do that, eh. My favorite Bob story involves a playing card. At a shooting convention someone made the off hand comment that you can't slice a playing card in mid-air. Bob asked to see the commenter's gun. He managed it on the third try. Not bad for "The Fastest Gun Who Ever Lived". If you're gunna talk like that, back it up. And Bob can.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Impressive!

I've seen strobe photography that clocked a Taekwon-Doin doing a punch timed at .03 seconds, which has a longer trajectory than drawing a pistol like in the video but that was phenomenal, especially when coupled with his accuracy!

Pax,

Chris

Bikewr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have never been all that knocked out over Mr. Munden. Way back in 1966 or so, I got a copy of Bill Jordan's "No Second Place Winner", a little book on gunfighting intended for the law enforcement officer.

Jordan was the Chief Border Patrol Inspector at the time he wrote the book, and had served during a period when they were averaging one "incident" every week or so.
He could, using a standard S&W revolver in a standard police "Border Patrol" rig, draw and hit the K-zone of a standard silhouette target in .21 seconds.

That's including reaction time, at 7 yards distance.

Munden uses a heavily modified SAA which he carries in a rig which holds it in an "almost-drawn" position. All he has to do is rock it slightly while fanning that oversized hammer....

I'm much more impressed with the current run of combat pistol champions, who use service weapons, full-power ammo, and shoot under realistic conditions.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score

I'm much more impressed with the current run of combat pistol champions, who use service weapons, full-power ammo, and shoot under realistic conditions.

To me, they are both impresssive for different reasons.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Trinity is faster!

[yt]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTmVLHXn3H4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTmVLHXn3H4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[/yt]

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There is a tombstone with the inscription:

Here lies Mr. Jones. He said, "DRAW!", but I already had.

Remember that.

Deaf

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There is a tombstone with the inscription:

Here lies Mr. Jones. He said, "DRAW!", but I already had.

Remember that.

Deaf
Yeah, and remember this (paraphrased) "...some guys always trying to ice skate up-hill"... ~Blade

GBlues

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Trinity is faster!

[yt]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTmVLHXn3H4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTmVLHXn3H4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[/yt]

'Nobody' was faster....too! :)

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Long time ago, in a James Colburn movie, "Waterhole Number 3", Roger Miller sang this:

"Never draw against a man that is faster than you.
You've sang your last diddy
You've kissed your last filly
You've played your last hand if you do."

I really liked Rogers singing.

Deaf

Zombievt

White Belt
Reaction score
Here's another gentleman for you, FBI Agent "Jelly" Brice.

bryce.jpg

In this photo from a Life magazine article in 1945, Agent Brice is shown dropping a silver dollar from shoulder level, drawing and firing before the coin passed his waist. About 2/5ths of a second.

GBlues

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Here's another gentleman for you, FBI Agent "Jelly" Brice.

bryce.jpg

In this photo from a Life magazine article in 1945, Agent Brice is shown dropping a silver dollar from shoulder level, drawing and firing before the coin passed his waist. About 2/5ths of a second.

Yeah my grandfather used to talk about him. Guy was unbelievalby fast. He was granddads hero.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bryce was definitely something else...IIRC, someone once commented on his speed by saying "if you blink, you'll die in the dark."

Latest Discussions