Family did not pay $75 annual fee, firefighters watch house burn

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
This:

insinuates that they chose not to help due to a bias against "poor rural people". It's the same tactic that the war protesters use when they talk about "shooting brown people" to suggest that anyone who supports the war does so out of racism. Don't insult us further by pretending it wasn't intentional.

No, it insinuates that the desire to teach people a lesson about sending in thier $75 dollars was more important than saving a man's home. Stop trying to make it something it was not in order to play the victim and garner sympathy for lack of compassion. I never claimed anyone was either ignorant or a bigot. Just to make it clear, I don't think anyone that posted a contrary opinion to my own is either ignorant or a bigot because of it. Showing a lack of compassion and empathy for a fellow human being yes, an ignorant bigot, no.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are three months late on your car insurance as they tow your wreck of a car away and you are standing outside of the insurance company waving that three hundred bucks around, you can empathize with this particular homeowner.
Sean

A few years ago, there was a massive car crash that happened. Long story short, it involved a run away truck, hauling crushed rock, which lost its breaks, blasted down a hill, thru the intersection, where it took out a number of other vehicles. Sadly, a few people died.

The dirtbag owner of the trucking company, didn't have ins. on this truck, as well as a few others. When he heard of the crash, he instructed his wife to contact the ins. co. and put ins. on that crashed truck...of course, not telling them that the truck just crashed.

The guy got caught and sent up the river.

There couldve been any number of reasons why this guy didnt pay the $75 fire protection fee, ie: lost in the mail, forgot to mail it, said **** it, I'm not paying it, the place where the cash was sent lost it...who knows. Was it coldhearted to not put out the fire? Of course. But those are the rules apparently in that county, so......

As I said, one would think that your taxes would cover stuff like this, but apparently not.

Latest Discussions