Explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon - many serious injuries, poss. fatalities

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
holy crap! :(

many prayers.
This is getting pretty ridiculous!

Last edited:
OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[yt]H4Mx5qbgeNo[/yt]

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One unexploded IED is being exploded near the initial explosion site by EOD

All off-duty responders are being ordered in.

Mutual Aid EOD team is being staged.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
"if it was done by terrorists"

YES, stupid lady on TV. It was done by terrorists, as it is terrorizing people when you blow them up n a Monday afternoon! :mad:

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another explosion has been confirmed at the JFK Library. Explosion believed to have occurred around the same time as the others.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am waiting for a response form a friend of mine who once ran in the marathon and from time to time goes to watch it. I have no ideas if he or any of his family were there or not but I am still waiting for a response

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fox
breaking news: at least 2 killed, 23 hurt in boston marathon bombing

at least two reported killed, more than 23 injured as two explosive devices tear through crowded finish line at boston marathon; intelligence official tells ap that two more devices found by police and are being dismantled.

cnn

BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-22160978
[h=1]Boston Marathon explosions[/h] [h=2]Key Points[/h]
  • Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have left at least two dead and 23 injured, and police have found and are dismantling at least two other explosive devices
  • Video and photographs from Boston show a scene of confusion, with emergency services descending on the scene and bloodied spectators being taken to a medical tent.
  • "There are a lot of people down," said one runner quoted by AP news agency.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why do reporters feel the need to play who can get the most bloody and painful pictures game. Have some damn common decency for the person whos leg is hanging off maybe he does not want his picture taken

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I send ABC a message. I turned off the TV and told them I found it tasteless to ask each eyewitness if they saw the victims.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why do reporters feel the need to play who can get the most bloody and painful pictures game. Have some damn common decency for the person whos leg is hanging off maybe he does not want his picture taken

Kick em when they're up. Kick em when they're down.....

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

It's called 'news'. Some of the most emotional images I've seen, from wars, and other tragedies, are of this type.

For me, I could never take those shots myself, as I'm in agreement with you. But, personally I'd rather have that discussion another time. :(

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were at Coolidge corner with the kids cheering on the runners, and were talking about how great a family event it is to watch and the atmosphere was fantastic. We heard the bang from there.

Of the two fatalities, one was an eight year old. Breaks your heart to think people are capable of this.

Thoughts are with the families.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some of the runners ran directly to Mass. General to give blood after the blasts. I can't imagine donating after a strain like that. Good job folks.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you are snapping photos instead of applying tourniquets you are a piece of ****.

526510_10151408892142183_650156948_n.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you are snapping photos instead of applying tourniquets you are a piece of ****.

526510_10151408892142183_650156948_n.jpg

Even the picture takers have a role in this.
because some time down the road there will be the chasm between a person having a nick from a shard of glass, and the person having a limb blown off by the explosion. The pictures will serve as reminder what it means when the statistics say 133 injured, some severe.....or critical.
As the images from the battled fields point out that a violent death is not pretty or glamorous. It's just dirty, disgusting and best avoided!

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sad to say that a group from the Sandy Hook masacare was there and experienced the blast and people. Good news is none of them hurt but can you imagine the PTSD from it all what are the odds they would be near another mass attack that soon?

Latest Discussions