Explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon - many serious injuries, poss. fatalities

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are a lot of awesome stories like that. As some of you folks know, I work very closely with first responders in the City of Boston. Around 7:15pm or so, one of the supervisors said over the radio "There's food here, and lots of it," my boss [an area firefighter] looked at me, and said if they are taking a break, then I can too. Translation: go home while you can! :D
:redcaptur

There were a lot of other stories about people reaching out to those who weren't injured, but in a bad spot -- locked out of their hotel, their apartment, or otherwise had no place to stay. People were taking strangers in to their home and treating them like family, offering them food and drink, etc. What was particularly touching was reading some of the reaction from marathoners that were here from foreign countries that were houseguests in an American home for the first time. One was floored beyond belief that someone would not only take them in with their bad English, but also provide dinner, wine, and offer up their own bed.

Latest Discussions