Endurance class

trueaspirer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Do you have an endurance class at your ma school? What kind of stuff do you do there. Hoping to start a kind of descriptive list here, so feel free to talk freely.
I my school, we often have an endurance class. It is very tiring, but very helpful. It varies from time to time, concentrating on different aspects of endurance training. Sometimes we cover running. Our dojang is decent size, so running around the edges of it for a while can get tiring. We also practice moves and techniques a number of times on both sides to build up our endurance. Intersperced with this we break up into pairs for pushups (one counts) and situps (lock legs), both partners getting a chance to do this before going back to technique training.
Anyone else?

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Running around the edge of the mat, countless punching and kicking reps.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
some nights turn into endurance nights with push ups, sit ups, sanchin and jumping jacks takeing up the whole night ( this usualy indicates that the instructor got totaly fed up with the way the class was preforming that night or he just felt it was time people got back in shape)

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
At our Dojo, Monday night is fitness night. We do a full hour of Bas Ruttens MMA workout.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call endurance class, kickboxing. Non-stop kicking combinations on the bag with minute breathers doing boxing combinations. Master asked, did I kill em. No, I didn't, since there were two yellow belts but it was an endurance routine. TW