East Coast WMAA Fall Camp ( Wilmington DE )

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rich-
Don't complain about teaching early on Sunday...I found I have to work at 6am!
Looking forward to having you in our neck of the woods.

All- The camp is shaping up really well, and I want to take a moment and give credit where it is due. While both our names are listed as contacts etc., Sal has done a really outstanding job stepping up and making things happen when I couldn't get free from work or was out of town. This should be a really impressive event; if you are in the area and are sitting on the fence think about coming in for at least one day.
Chad

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by dearnis.com
Rich-
Don't complain about teaching early on Sunday...I found I have to work at 6am!
Looking forward to having you in our neck of the woods.

All- The camp is shaping up really well, and I want to take a moment and give credit where it is due. While both our names are listed as contacts etc., Sal has done a really outstanding job stepping up and making things happen when I couldn't get free from work or was out of town. This should be a really impressive event; if you are in the area and are sitting on the fence think about coming in for at least one day.
Chad

Chad,

Sorry to head about the working until 6:00 AM :(

And as you said being your neck of the woods will be phone.

:asian:

T

TheRustyOne

I am very tempted to register for this and come home. I've never done any Modern Arnis (played a little with eskrima, tho), but am interested.

If any of the instructos would like me to, I can talk to my mom -- or dad -- about letting you stay at one of thier places. My mom lives in the Wilmington/Newport area, and my dad lives about half an hour away in Elkton, Maryland. That is, if you haven't made hotel reservations already.

...I hope I didn't just make a complete and TOTAL fool out of myself...

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRustyOne
I am very tempted to register for this and come home. I've never done any Modern Arnis (played a little with eskrima, tho), but am interested.

If any of the instructos would like me to, I can talk to my mom -- or dad -- about letting you stay at one of thier places. My mom lives in the Wilmington/Newport area, and my dad lives about half an hour away in Elkton, Maryland. That is, if you haven't made hotel reservations already.

...I hope I didn't just make a complete and TOTAL fool out of myself...

Rusty!

Thanks for the Offer. Given the excelleant organization by Sal and his team, I woudl guess or asume that plans have ben made, yet You could PM or e-mail him directly.

As to being a fool, you are never such, when offering to help out.

I hope you can make the trip and have time home and also try out Modern Arnis. All levels of all arts are welcome.

So, what style of Eskrima have your tried or trained in?

T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by Rich Parsons

So, what style of Eskrima have your tried or trained in?

Um...This is where me being a fool comes into play, because I really don't know.... *embarrassed look*

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRustyOne
Um...This is where me being a fool comes into play, because I really don't know.... *embarrassed look*

Rusty,

This is not as bad as you think. In Many of the Family styles or regional styles, there was no name for the art, other then the term arnis or eskrima, etc, ..., . For instance the style now know as Balintawak got its' name from the street the main club was on. It the Self Defense Club on Balintawak Street. It was shortened to Balintawak Self Defense and Balintawak. Balintawak stuck. And this happend in the last 50 years.

Just show up and enjoy your training :D

T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Rusty,

This is not as bad as you think. In Many of the Family styles or regional styles, there was no name for the art, other then the term arnis or eskrima, etc, ..., . For instance the style now know as Balintawak got its' name from the street the main club was on. It the Self Defense Club on Balintawak Street. It was shortened to Balintawak Self Defense and Balintawak. Balintawak stuck. And this happend in the last 50 years.

Just show up and enjoy your training :D

Okay, thanks, Mr. Parsons.

However, I won't be able to come. My dad is vehemently against me having anything to do with the Martial Arts, including the seminar. :(

Oh well, maybe next year or something.

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that early registration for camp at the discount rate is due by October 10th.

SAL :asian:

OP
Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello from wet and cloudy Sweden.:viking1: :viking2: :viking3:

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renegade
:viking1: :viking2: :viking3:

Hey Kaith,

I didn't know we had smileys of the "Village People".

Tim,

Have fun. I referred one of our customers in Sweden your way. Please post your event schedule and I will forward it to him.

Harold

OP
Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All is going well over here! I`ll be coming home on the 13th. Then I`ll be leaving for Deleware on the 16th. I`m looking forward to seeing you guys down there!! If there is anything that anyone may need let me know ASAP. With all of the camps and seminars I`m only home 8 days this month.

See you all soon.
:partyon: :lurk:

:viking1: :viking2::viking3: :enguard:

:jediduel: :duel: :jedi1: :cheers::apv:

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Only one week till camp. Don't forget that early registration is until October 10th. If there are any questions on registration let me know.

SAL

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cebu West
Only one week till camp. Don't forget that early registration is until October 10th. If there are any questions on registration let me know.

SAL

Do you have me registered ? ;)

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just under a week until this Camp!

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As we come into the home stretch....
PLEASE let SAL or I know if you are planning to attend even if you are paying at the door. Our lives will be much easier with an accurate head count.
Hope to see some new faces in addition to old friends!
Chad

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Camp time has arrived. My first order of business is picking up Datu Jornales then off to meet up with Datu Tim and Rich Parsons.
Then it's off to Delaware to have some fun.
Looking foreword to seeing everyone. If anyone has any questions after this afternoon call my cell #
610-306-9308

SAL

Latest Discussions