East Coast WMAA Fall Camp ( Wilmington DE )

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings-
I’m proud to announce the addition of a new camp on the WMAA events schedule:

East Coast Fall Camp
October 17-19, 2003
Wilmington, Delaware

Instructors include:
Datu Tim Hartman
GM Anding De Leon
Guro Rick Manglinong
Guro Rich Parsons

Phone: 610-543-2624
E-mail:
[email protected]
[email protected]

There will be more information to follow.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
About 1/2 hour south of center-city Philly; within 3 hours drive of Baltimore, DC, NYC, most all points in Jersey, Harrisburg area of PA....
In short very central to the east coast!

Chad

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm working out details with a McIntosh Inn that is just 10 minutes from the camp. As soon as I have the details I will post the rates.

SAL

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I have some good news on the room rates for the Camp. A McIntosh Inn that is close to the Camp has a weekend special rate for a Friday and Saturday combo.
It is $65 a night. For those coming early the rate for Thursday night is $89.
These rates include their continental breakfast and are for 2 double beds.

The REAL good news is that the McIntosh Inn is right next to a TGI Fridays, a John Harvard Brew House, Lone Star, Olive Garden and Red Lobster Restaurants. NO driving back to the hotel from the bar. Crawling is acceptable.

For those who want to get a jump on the rooms here is the number. 302-479-7900

The WMAA will have a special camp page with lots more details on line shortly.

SAL

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I did some more negotiating with the McIntosh Inn and got the price down to $59 per night.
That includes Thursday as well, so long as you do the Friday/Saturday special.
I have 10 rooms held for Friday/Saturday and 5 for Thursday. You need to book the room by September 25th to get this rate. Use the group reference # 1500 or tell them the WMAA Camp. I will have all the camp info in a more organized fashion on the WMAA web site soon, but for now I wanted to get the hotel info out.

SAL

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
On the lighter side of what we'll be doing at the camp is Sumo wrestling. Did I say light?
After the banquet, those who wish to participate will don Sumo suits and try to knock their opponents out of the ring. And No sticks. Should be a blast.

Stick fighting Sumo? I could be on to something there.

SAL :D

B

Black Tornado

If its the sumo suits I'm thinking of, we could probably use just about any blunt weapon we want full contact and not worry about anyone getting hurt...

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
You are thinking of the right suits. They're big, so I guess no one gets the advantage. Should be lots of fun and some good photos for blackmail purposes.

SAL

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The camp is approaching quickly and so are the dates for the discounts, so here is some info for those who wish to attend.

Cost for camp is $200.00 if registered by October 10th or $225.00 cash at the door.
WMAA member and group discounts are available.

Room rate of $59.00 per night when staying Friday and Saturday nights.
McIntosh Inn, Wilmington, DE 302-479-7900 mention group #1500
room rates are good until September 25th (rooms are limited)

For more info contact Sal Todaro [email protected]

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I just received a call this weekend from my friend Datu Bong Jornales and he has informed me that he will be attending the camp. He is coming to show his support and to see many of his friends. I look foreword to his participation and the positive attitude that he brings to the Filipino Martial Arts. We will all gain from his presence and support.

SAL

B

Black Tornado

Any word on what time things will be kicking off on Friday/Shutting down on Sunday?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm, Sal,

You have me teaching Sunday Morning at 9:30 AM. Do you know what this means? This means I cannot stay out all night. :( Oh well, I guess I will have to be good on Saturday night :)

It should be lots of fun!
:asian:

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok, I guess you deserve a few perks for going first on Sunday. How's this?, We have a designated driver for Saturday night (even though the hotel is right next to several watering holes) and I buy the beers. Your session on Sunday can be titled "How to stick fight after a long night." We also get Tim to drive back to Buffalo while you sleep. Of course this is all contingent on you surviving the Sumo on Saturday night.

SAL

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cebu West
Ok, I guess you deserve a few perks for going first on Sunday. How's this?, We have a designated driver for Saturday night (even though the hotel is right next to several watering holes) and I buy the beers. Your session on Sunday can be titled "How to stick fight after a long night." We also get Tim to drive back to Buffalo while you sleep. Of course this is all contingent on you surviving the Sumo on Saturday night.

SAL

Sal,

You have me rolling on the floor laughing out loud. Thanks! for
the Designated Driver and the offer to go up against a Sumo. :D

In All seriousness though, it should be fun for everone, even myself :D

Hoping to see lots of new people and old friends there!
:asian: