Mid-West WMAA Fall Camp ( Detroit Mi. Area )

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings-
I’m proud to announce the addition of a new camp on the WMAA events schedule:

Mid-West Fall Camp
November 1-2, 2003
Detroit, Michigan

Instructors include:
Datu Tim Hartman
GM Bong Jornales
Guro Rich Parsons
More TBA

Phone: 248-722-1634
E-mail: [email protected]

There will be more information to follow.

OP
Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We haven't worked out all of the details yet, but I do know that there will be group rates.

P

progressivetactics

I thought Paul was living in New York now.

Please send out info via snail mail as well, as we would like to support it, if it works within our schedule.

Thanks,

OP
Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He went to New York for a month for his job and is now back. We'll keep you updated.

P

progressivetactics

Adam, I will keep you in the loop as well......both with postings on my site, email confirmations and a hard copy, if we bump into each otehr before hand.

P

progressivetactics

i sent guru an email last week, but havent heard back yet.
I would like to.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm sorry that I missed this thread, from when I was out of town.

Here was my reply to Adam in another thread:

Adam; it would be great if you were to come!

I will be talking with some of the local Arnis players in the area prior to the event; Mr. Carlton will be one of those people.

Events like these are a great chance to see a variety of Modern Arnis players, and good martial artists.

WMAA events are not closed events; so we often provide a variety of training from both WMAA instructors, as well as non-WMAA instructors. We also often get quite a few non-WMAA attendees.

We certainly have enough high level instructors and members to do closed events, but considering that Remy Presas welcomed all people to attend his events, and he often did joint seminars with other non-modern arnis teachers (Dr. Gyi, Wally Jay, George Dillman, Bobby Toboada, to name a few), we figured that we would keep up with the spirit of the Professor in this way. We are concerned only with good training and good modern arnis.

Through my experience, because of our diversity our events become a wonderful exchange of ideas. A WMAA event is a good idea, for any martial artist/modern arnis player of ANY organization. It is just nice to set aside the politics for awhile and train!

So, since I'll probably be contacting the school you train at regarding the event, you most likely won't be coming "alone."
But don't worry about coming "by yourself," because we are all friends in the arts, so nobody is "alone" at one of our events.

Pop me a private message here with your e-mail address, so I can keep you updated on information as we get closer to the event.

Considering that this event will be right around the corner from you (Rochester, Michigan), it would be ashame for you to miss it.

Talk to you soon!!

So, I will keep you guys updated as to details about the event as they come!

Your friend,

Paul Janulis
:asian:

P

progressivetactics

Paul,
I am interested as well. Please make sure I get copies of what you do!

thanks, and welcome back to michigan!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Paul,

Any Updates?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by PAUL
Yes...get your pre-registration in, everyone! The deadline is coming soon...!

More later :D

Just in case anyone here needs more info...although this has been up on the WMAA website for sometime, click here:

http://www.wmarnis.com/mwfcamp.htm

Particularly pay attention to the hotel info.

I have extended the preregister date to Monday, as well as the hotel registration date. The hotel will only hold rooms til monday, but after monday they won't hold them any more. You can still get our discounted rate for the hotel, provided that they have rooms available, though.

This will give some of ya's more time who are behind the 8-ball. ;)

Call me with questions!

:)

Latest Discussions