MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One old soldier described the hell they went through to get to those boats and how they got away, he added simply "for my country I would go through it all again". It brought tears to my eyes.
The young people of today you know are no less selfless in their service to their country but then they were set a magnificent example.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Selfless courage and determination ever fills me with emotion and the remembered pain, physical and mental, imbued in some of these stories brings tears to my eyes.

One old soldier described the hell they went through to get to those boats and how they got away, he added simply "for my country I would go through it all again". It brought tears to my eyes.
The young people of today you know are no less selfless in their service to their country but then they were set a magnificent example.
Thank you both for sharing a point in history where the human spirit shone mightily. For it is at these moments in time that we of today can look back at examples of unsung courage, that can be used as guide posts for all of us. :asian:

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was not aware of that, FD. Thank you for the timely reminder.

Latest Discussions