Dark matter comes out of the cold

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
Neat!

Now, what I'd really like to hear is a theory about how dark matter affects "normal" matter. If these large, hot, fast-moving particles are whizzing around the galaxy, what happens when they collide with the things we can see? It must happen often if there's so much dark matter.

dobermann

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
so many secrets still lurking out there to be revealed.. amazing!

yet, us humanoids are still not able to get along with each other. shame!

OP
Bigshadow

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Zepp said:
Neat!

Now, what I'd really like to hear is a theory about how dark matter affects "normal" matter. If these large, hot, fast-moving particles are whizzing around the galaxy, what happens when they collide with the things we can see? It must happen often if there's so much dark matter.
Yes, I am anxious to hear more about Dark Matter and how it affects things. Seems like I remember the article talking about scientists are putting sensor equipment at the bottom of mines so they can record the effects of dark matter. So this may mean that the dark matter particles probably pass trough normal matter. It was suggesting a connection between gravity and dark matter. It is all very exciting information.

OP
Bigshadow

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
dobermann said:
so many secrets still lurking out there to be revealed.. amazing!

yet, us humanoids are still not able to get along with each other. shame!
Unfortunately or fortunately (depending on the perspective), it is natural to not get along and be competitive, but in the grander scheme of things, can co-exist in the same environment. We see the same thing with the other species and their (sub species) of animals. Certainly dogs and wolves wouldn't easily get along neither would a house cat and a lion.

Latest Discussions