Drug tests for welfare recipients?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I sorted garbage for a few weeks. Was all the temp agency had at the time. I've worked fast food, delivered papers, cut grass, shoveled walks, and cleaned out grease traps. Did I enjoy it? Hell no. But it was work, it paid the bills, and as soon as I found something better I moved up. Note, I said "I found" not "when it came along", as in I wasn't waiting for it to find me, I went looking for it actively.

The economy today is a mess. People are loosing jobs everywhere.
While out walking today I saw 10 places with "Help Wanted" signs up.

There are plenty of jobs, you just have to change your focus sometimes, and sometimes, you'll have to figure out how to move. This might mean going from $50k/yr to $8/hr slinging coffee and pie, but it's a job.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I sorted garbage for a few weeks. Was all the temp agency had at the time. I've worked fast food, delivered papers, cut grass, shoveled walks, and cleaned out grease traps. Did I enjoy it? Hell no. But it was work, it paid the bills, and as soon as I found something better I moved up. Note, I said "I found" not "when it came along", as in I wasn't waiting for it to find me, I went looking for it actively.

The economy today is a mess. People are loosing jobs everywhere.
While out walking today I saw 10 places with "Help Wanted" signs up.

There are plenty of jobs, you just have to change your focus sometimes, and sometimes, you'll have to figure out how to move. This might mean going from $50k/yr to $8/hr slinging coffee and pie, but it's a job.
Yeah true. I worked at McDonalds when I first moved here to Tennessee and hated it a lot and quit... then shortly went on back because I needed the money... then quit again. But later found my present job. It doesn't pay any better per hour but it's income and life is a lot better than when I was living without.
I have decided however that fast-foods isn't the place for me. It's for the young. My current job suits me well enough I guess... it puts me underground as a Cave Tour Guide. :rolleyes: