DragonBall Z/Martial art anime

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kenshin the series or Rourouni Kenshin the 4 part movie? The 4 part movie is one of my all time favorites. The series seems to be for a younger crowd but it's ok.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like all of the Kenshin. The series is a little lighter in feeling, but there is a deeper and darker aspect. It grows as the series progresses.

The new OVAs are -really- good...not available commercially in NA yet though.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop's worth a look too. Kenpo wielding hero and lotsa guns.

Gotta add in another vote for Tekken's OVA being anything but great. First, it's blatantly ripping off the SF movie in a lot of respects. Then it tries to cram in too much. In the process it ends up focusing on characters that nobody really ever cared about. It ends up in a Jurassic Park style car wreck with Kazuya uppercutting dinosaurs. Ick. It ends up feeling very sloppy. Would've been better off just following Tekken's established storyline. (Shrug)

OP
E

Elfan

Originally posted by Damian Mavis

Keep in mind there are 2 street fighter animations. We are talking about Street Fighter 2 the animated movie not Street Fighter Alpha.

Is the alpha one any good?

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's alright, the animation isn't as good and neither is the story and soundtrack but it was entertaining. Honestly SF2 the animated movie is one of my favorites, alpha is just one of many entertaining animations.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
E

Elfan

Woops double post...

*looks around sheepishly and waits for mod to delete*

dani416

White Belt
Reaction score
haha i have been watching DBZ since i was 12.. it would pump me up so much while i was watching it and made me anxious for the next episiode the next day, everyone at school would talk about it then leave the playground to watch DBZ grab a bite then return to the park to play around.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i don't have that much experience with anime and untill a few years ago i had not seen almost one single anime i could remember. but maybe when younger i saw some on tv but i don't know what it was.
although later on sometimes i saw the dragonballz somewhere on tv, i was interested in the martial arts but didnt really get into the story.
i watched akira, and ghostinshell. weird stuff..
what i also saw most recently was samurai champloo.- overall, i really liked it.

Latest Discussions