don't know the name

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
a while back when i was with the "wkka" Joe Palanzo showed me this tecq,that was done with your back to the wall/fence, or whatever you could fall back onto, anyway this was done with the perp holding a knife to your chest area, i remember how to do this, but not the name.

as you are standing facing the perp, he makes the move to cut you,(he is holding the knife with his right hand) you take your right arm ( BTW there
is about a foot between you and the wall) as you step back to a L.N.B. and circle it to his hand,while your left hand checks his elbow(you start at 12:00)
as this is going on you take your right leg as you have the hand that has the knife you step to a L.N.B at 3:00, the perp will hit the wall face first, by this time you will have the weapon,as you take it with the right hand you keep the movement going with the knife buy turning the blade up towards his right underarm and slicing ,before you do the cutting your left arm acts as a brace with your hand open to his back,(right below his neck) you end up at 6:00
that was the theq , does anyone know the name of this??

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
a while back when i was with the "wkka" Joe Palanzo showed me this tecq,that was done with your back to the wall/fence, or whatever you could fall back onto, anyway this was done with the perp holding a knife to your chest area, i remember how to do this, but not the name.

as you are standing facing the perp, he makes the move to cut you,(he is holding the knife with his right hand) you take your right arm ( BTW there
is about a foot between you and the wall) as you step back to a L.N.B. and circle it to his hand,while your left hand checks his elbow(you start at 12:00)
as this is going on you take your right leg as you have the hand that has the knife you step to a L.N.B at 3:00, the perp will hit the wall face first, by this time you will have the weapon,as you take it with the right hand you keep the movement going with the knife buy turning the blade up towards his right underarm and slicing ,before you do the cutting your left arm acts as a brace with your hand open to his back,(right below his neck) you end up at 6:00
that was the theq , does anyone know the name of this??

No idea. It almost sounds similar to Taming the Mace, which is against a punch, while your back is to the wall.

Kenpo17

Green Belt
Reaction score
I would agree with MJS, and say it sounds alittle like Taming Mace, but it isn't that exact technique. Mr. Palanzo is my instructor, and he has showed me many knife techniques, but never anything back against a fence. Some of the knife techniques he has taught me are Raining Lance,for an overhead knife attack, Glancing Lance, for a front straight high knife to around the chest area, and Entwined Lance, for a front straight knife to the stomach area. There are several more I could name. Just remember this, in American Kenpo, and I think in the Chinese Kempo if you see the word "Lance" in the name of the technique, then you know right away, the attack is with a knife. Hope this helps some, and sorry I couldn't get you an exact answer.