Dong Family Taijiquan Articles in Black Belt Magazine

fyn5000

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet (did a search and got no results), but Google Books has all the issues of Black Belt magazine online. In these issues you can find 5 articles on Dong Family Taijiquan. July 1967 - The "Grand Ultimate Fist" of Tai Chi Chuan, August 1972 - Tai Chi Chuan - Art of Passive Resistance, September 1972 - Tai Chi Chuan Part II, June 1976 - Tai Chi for Self Defense, and December 1984 - Tai Chi Chuan - Who Says It Can't Work On The Streets.

Enjoy.

Fyn

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Very Cool
icon14.gif

Thank You

There are other, rather impressive, articles there as well

And I believe I once owned the September 1972 issue...when it w was new, I remember the cover.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tai Chi was around in 1967? I thought there was only Karate and Kung Fu! :D

Thanks for the great articles!

OP
fyn5000

fyn5000

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Besides the interesting articles, it's fun to read the advertisements, letters to the editor, and the news items. :)

I haven't checked if other martial art magazines are in Google Books (like Inside Kung Fu), but perhaps I'll do that this weekend. There have been quite a few martial art magazines that have come and gone, and except for some issues on sale at Ebay, it's hard to come across them. Maybe someday those magazines will show up in Google Books.

fyn

OP
fyn5000

fyn5000

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Cool.

I did find a short News note in the October 1966 issue (I thinks that's the correct issue) that announced Tung Fu Ling was coming to the United States to do a series of seminars.

Fyn

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Cool.

I did find a short News note in the October 1966 issue (I thinks that's the correct issue) that announced Tung Fu Ling was coming to the United States to do a series of seminars.

Fyn

He was in Hawaii prior to that but he came to the Mainland around that time.

OP
fyn5000

fyn5000

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I couldn't find any other martial arts magazines in Google Books when I did a search. There might be some, but the search parameters I was using didn't bring any up.

fyn

Latest Discussions