Does genioplasty aka chin reduction contributes to glass jaw and poor power absoption?

Balas Sermas

White Belt
Reaction score
I had my chin surgically reduced about 8mm~ or 7 milimetres, my chin is less voluminous now but still quite manly and alpha chin... however does this really contributes to poor power-absorption because my chin structure probably has more flesh now and less bone? Sure, it's projecting/prominent but still you can have a small layer of bone and the rest would be flesh, however I don't feel that way.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not really as far as I think.

I believe knockouts have a lot to do with head position and neck strength. Both of which have very little to do with the mass of a chin.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know, I am asking if chin reduction makes your chin more valnurable to attacks on the chin. Hence having more of a glass-chin.
I don't think so. "Glass chin" is about rocking the neck/brain stem (medulla oblongata) causing a knockout.
Could surgery cause a more painful chin? You bet. More so in the early, post surgery time when nerves are all frazzled and healing.
I have two plates on my jaw bone and one of them is right on the very front at an angle. You can easily feel the tip of the plate with you finger and is quite painful if hit just right.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Dang, I've got a little receding chin. When I was a kid, I had to have four teeth pulled in addition to having my wisdom teeth removed just so my teeth would fit in my jaw. And you had too much jaw? Huh. How about that!

As far as whether the operation you had affects jaw strength and/or vulnerability to damage or a knockout from a punch, I'd recommend checking with your doctor or other knowledgeable medical professionals. Seriously.

OP
Balas Sermas

Balas Sermas

White Belt
Reaction score
Dang, I've got a little receding chin. When I was a kid, I had to have four teeth pulled in addition to having my wisdom teeth removed just so my teeth would fit in my jaw. And you had too much jaw? Huh. How about that!

As far as whether the operation you had affects jaw strength and/or vulnerability to damage or a knockout from a punch, I'd recommend checking with your doctor or other knowledgeable medical professionals. Seriously.

1. Too much chin. The jaw was left unharmed.

2. Okay, I'll find one to ask but I know the jaw was left untouched. It was a stupid decision, I should had just gone with the lip augmentation and mewing I did and that's it. Chin reduction was stupid. I liked to look like more like someone else to have sex with a girl.

Latest Discussions