Does anyone..

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jkdhit said:
andrew.. practicing football or baseball is very different compared to martial arts because when you practice those other sports, you're normally with other team mates.
Same with Martial arts :D

OP
J

jkdhit

not all the time and there isnt a private enough setting

Eldritch Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A few friends and I run a little sparring club that we usually just practice in the big lawn outside of our school's student center (or anyplace convenient). We get a few stares, but most people are just content to walk by and let us be. The only problem we faced was that every once in a while some guy full of McDojo training would walk up and challenge us.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ooooohhhh... so how do I get an invite to that??

I'm sending you a PM about a piece of info that you may be able to help with. See you Friday!

swiftpete

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Bammx2 said:
I have done quite a few training sessions at parks and the such,but the one thing I do not do is go train on my own.

I have attracted the wrong sort on occasions,but only once did it become nasty....real nasty.
And I was on my own.
I'm interested! what happened then?

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have a hugh flat front yard that we sometimes use for practice. Teh neighbors are accustomed to it, now. We use gloves and sometimes uniforms so that nobody will mistake it for a real fight and call the police...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
It can attract the wrong sort of attention, sadly.
Sad but true..I did see a group of people performing Tai-Chi yesterday while on duty for what it's worth..

BruceCalkins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
We go to the Park for special Training. We work Basic Balance training on some of the equiptment and have an obstical course. We do a bit of warm-up and light drills but we don't want others to see too much and try it on their own and get hurt. It is a good way to get your school noticed by a lot of kids and parents I have signed several new students from park training.

OP
L

lonekimono10

i have a 120 pound rott (german) that i play with in the yard or living room
but it's really cool the way she jumps up at me and than i do what i have to do(i mean techs) and i don't hurt her,, heck i have to make sure she don't hurt me.

VSanhodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Havie I trained outdoors? Yes. When I was a kid the little town I grew up in was reknown for its Rose gardens. We used to have Sat am sunrise workouts there during the summer.

Me, personally I have no problem if ppl train, in a park on a roof of a building as long as they train.

thanks

san

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Yes, park training can be a draw for new students! That part is a plus.
I hadn't thought of it but I most definitely would put myself on display to benefit the art, no doubt about it.

Latest Discussions