Do you still go to your class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah yikes... sorry to hear that, it's truly reached such a level now worldwide.. and in Aus it's reaching whole other levels... I'm getting emails left right and centre as to closures, cancellations and postponements...

Hope you'll be okay, use us as your virtual punching bag :)
I'll be fine. The health department asked me to monitor my body temp twice a day and report any fever. This morning, I was actually significantly below my normal, so I think I have the anti-COVID. :cool:

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
We are closed this week along with all schools and colleges. We’ll open next week with live online classes. We weren’t mandated to close, but we feel it’s our moral responsibility to help slow the spread of the virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be fine. The health department asked me to monitor my body temp twice a day and report any fever. This morning, I was actually significantly below my normal, so I think I have the anti-COVID. :cool:

Your body temp is always lowest first thing in the morning.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Free Video Library

Rosi is in isolation, her son has symptoms most likely of a cold she hopes but here's stuff to do if you can't get out to train she says, it's her clinic btw.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My dojo was closed by order of the governor of Michigan. I am working from home as I am in a high risk category (age and diabetes). My wife is sick.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm avoiding this forum for the duration. I'm afraid I cannot read the ill-informed drivel being passed as medical fact without losing my temper. My wife is sick. We're in the age range that is most at risk of death. Those walking around with few or no symptoms because they're young and fit aren't risking their own lives, they're risking the lives of others. I'm self isolating because they are so stupid and selfish. See you all on the other side of this.

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm avoiding this forum for the duration. I'm afraid I cannot read the ill-informed drivel being passed as medical fact without losing my temper. My wife is sick. We're in the age range that is most at risk of death. Those walking around with few or no symptoms because they're young and fit aren't risking their own lives, they're risking the lives of others. I'm self isolating because they are so stupid and selfish. See you all on the other side of this.

This is precisely why we’ve elected to close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I won't allow anybody to enter my front door, touch my furniture, ... and that include all my children. I want to wait until the testing start and understand how bad the situation we are facing.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And eventually (after a few seasons) almost everybody will have some exposure, and presumably the majority of folks who get through it the first or second time around will develop some resistence (with or without the vaccine) so it will become just another annoying respiratory virus. In the meantime were screwed. Especially us old fogies. I worry about my dad. He'll be 95 in a couple of weeks and is really vulnerable. And there's no way my grandad will survive this.
Wow. If your dad is 95 how old is your grandad? That is some serious longevity.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow. If your dad is 95 how old is your grandad? That is some serious longevity.
My grandad will be 120 this coming November. Sadly, he's been dead the past 23 years.

However my dad is alive and kicking, and really will be turning 95 on the 28th! I called him this morning to get some financial advice. He may not be as sharp as he once was, but he still knows more than I do!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take care of yourself nad your wife, Bill. Don't let the online idiocy get you down.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear Bill... I hope your wife recovers okay, stay safe, and here's hoping that this all passes smoothly. We're always here for support okay

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Aus has progressed in terms of gatherings of people... it was no gatherings of 500. Then 100.

Now: "new indoor gathering limit for Australians.

There is now a four square metre rule for gatherings of less than 100 people.
“What we are now moving to is an arrangement for gatherings of less than 100, is that they would be four square metres provided per person in an enclosed space, in a room. So that’s 2m by 2m,” he said.

“So for example, if you’ve got a room, if you’ve got a premises, if you’ve got a meeting room or something like that, that’s 100 square metres, then you can have 25 people in that room.”"

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
set of yesterday to see my mum, to find the bus wouldn't take money ???? only contact less payment, which i dont do, SO WALK, three miles, get to the care home to find they have stopped visitors,

so went shopping, to find the poor peoples shop had been hit by panic buying, well they had sold out of frozen chicken, which upset the dog and very bizarrely spinach ???? which was of little concern to either me or the dog, fortunately the good people of eccles haven't taken to stockpiling ice cream, that would have upset me, or infact vegetables, clearly no room in the freezer after they have filled it with chicken

went to the dodgy news agent that sells smuggled tobacco, to find the chicken hoarders had also bought all the duty free tobacco, touch by the irony that they were holding up to avoid a disease that damages the lungs whilst chain smoking their tobacco stash

so to the pub, to find a dozen fairly carefree folk enjoying a social drink and chat with their friends, and a bar that took money, it seemed an oasis of sanity in a mad mad world

get up this morning to a msg that the no visitors thing was a mistake on the part of staff and visiting is back on, which is annoying as i was looking forward to a day off visiting

Last edited:

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
set of yesterday to see my mum, to find the bus wouldn't take money ???? only contact less payment, which i dont do, SO WALK, three miles, get to the care home to find they have stopped visitors,

so went shopping, to find the poor peoples shop had been hit by panic buying, well they had sold out of frozen chicken, which upset the dog and very bizarrely spinach ???? which was of little concern to either me or the dog, fortunately the good people of eccles haven't taken to stockpiling ice cream, that would have upset me, or infact vegetables, clearly no room in the freezer after they have filled it with chicken

went to the dodgy news agent that sells smuggled tobacco, to find the chicken hoarders had also bought all the duty free tobacco, touch by the irony that they were holding up to avoid a disease that damages the lungs whilst chain smoking their tobacco stash

so to the pub, to find a dozen fairly carefree folk enjoying a social drink and chat with their friends, and a bar that took money, it seemed an oasis of sanity in a mad mad world

get up this morning to a msg that the no visitors thing was a mistake on the part of staff and visiting is back on, which is annoying as i was looking forward to a day off visiting
It's insane man... sounds like it has set in there too... went to shops the other day and it was just.... bizarre. There were just bare shelves... hardly anything. Couldn't even get frozen vegetables or oats, all ran out..

Good bout the ice cream! Your fave I remember. They can't take that away from ya ;D

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's insane man... sounds like it has set in there too... went to shops the other day and it was just.... bizarre. There were just bare shelves... hardly anything. Couldn't even get frozen vegetables or oats, all ran out..

Good bout the ice cream! Your fave I remember. They can't take that away from ya ;D
the panic appears to have been started by the government, there was very little till the PM started comparing it to the blitz and shutting everything down, of course people are panic buying and hording, they were in the blitz, though probely not toilet paper

which got me thinking how the current population would cope with thousands of tons of munitions being dropped on them every night ?

clearly not as well as our forefathers if a bit of a virus out break has sunk them into dispare and panic, dear god there are
web pages set up for people who need guidance on how to stay in their own house with out going mad. people who are socially isolating are feeling socially isolated !!!!!!!, who would have thought that ? snowflakes the lot of them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions