Do You Need A Teacher?

kbarrett

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I believe have a teacher is important to ones over all development, in just about everything we do job, school, MA, sports, there is some one who will guide us along and push us to be better than even we know we can be.

Ken

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I believe have a teacher is important to ones over all development, in just about everything we do job, school, MA, sports, there is some one who will guide us along and push us to be better than even we know we can be.

Ken

I agree. There comes a time when most people finish their formal, full-time education and make their own way in the world. Yet even after completing whatever degree or career training you require, people in many careers, mine included, have to update their qualifications either with seminars and continuing ed credits or by finding mentors to inspire and guide them in their careers. Martial arts is really no different.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, I need an instructor. :D I am a pretty "young" practitioner and instructor of my art so I am always seeking advise and input from my seniors. I have a main instructor that I don't get to see nearly as often as I would like, and then I hit seminars whenever I can.

I know enough to know how little I know, if I went "independent" at this point I would be competent but not an expert.

Latest Discussions