do you find this disrepectful?

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My day started out pretty normal, i make deliveries to Grocery stores so some times i have layover time or down time i have to wait until receiving opens. i get to my usual stop and listening to my usual station, all i hear is them talking about "Trump" and his antics and how un presidential he is acting and the conversation turned from Trump to John F Kennedy and then! BOOM out it comes, i hear this guy say "Oh they loved him so much they assassinated him" my mouth dropped and i was in absolute shock for about 3 minutes as the conversation continued he again says "Comon people Kennedy was assassinated because people didnt like him" i was so upset i sent a text message telling the Host of the morning show to make that "Tool" apologize for that comment because it was unprofessional and disrespectful.
am i wrong feeling that comment was disrespectful?

BTW they read my text on the air and he did apologize but got defensive all in the same breath and just repeated himself again with distasteful comments and then they changed the subject.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Beats me. I come from a country where we drop the c bomb as a compliment.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My day started out pretty normal, i make deliveries to Grocery stores so some times i have layover time or down time i have to wait until receiving opens. i get to my usual stop and listening to my usual station, all i hear is them talking about "Trump" and his antics and how un presidential he is acting and the conversation turned from Trump to John F Kennedy and then! BOOM out it comes, i hear this guy say "Oh they loved him so much they assassinated him" my mouth dropped and i was in absolute shock for about 3 minutes as the conversation continued he again says "Comon people Kennedy was assassinated because people didnt like him" i was so upset i sent a text message telling the Host of the morning show to make that "Tool" apologize for that comment because it was unprofessional and disrespectful.

BTW they read my text on the air and he did apologize but got defensive all in the same breath and just repeated himself again with distasteful comments and then they changed the subject.

Disrespectful? Possibly.

But it does shows a high level of ignorance about the history of the time and the history of the Kennedy assassination.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No point in listening to a fool. Especially one on the radio. He just wanted to get folks riled up.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know or particularly care about whether it was "respectful." I'm not sure I buy into the notion that presidents are owed some special degree of respect.

It was certainly stupid and ignorant. Assassinations aren't based on popularity contests or approval ratings. I'm not sure who the radio host even meant by "they." It's not as if the American public disliked JFK and so took up a collection to hire an assassin because they just couldn't wait for the next election. (Not to mention that JFK's approval ratings were the highest of any post-WWII president.)

The thing is, guys like you were listening to aren't in the business of making comments that are respectful or sensible or intelligent or coherent or historically accurate or even particularly meaningful. They're trying to garner ratings by spouting whatever comes into their heads that might get people riled up. If you listen to the show, you're just buying into their game.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eh, people say things like this all the time. I agree with Tony about the logic behind him saying it. Easiest solution is to not let it affect you, and not respond when someone says something you find disrespectful/offensive.

OP
ShawnP

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't know or particularly care about whether it was "respectful." I'm not sure I buy into the notion that presidents are owed some special degree of respect.

It was certainly stupid and ignorant. Assassinations aren't based on popularity contests or approval ratings. I'm not sure who the radio host even meant by "they." It's not as if the American public disliked JFK and so took up a collection to hire an assassin because they just couldn't wait for the next election. (Not to mention that JFK's approval ratings were the highest of any post-WWII president.)

The thing is, guys like you were listening to aren't in the business of making comments that are respectful or sensible or intelligent or coherent or historically accurate or even particularly meaningful. They're trying to garner ratings by spouting whatever comes into their heads that might get people riled up. If you listen to the show, you're just buying into their game.
Thanks for yo input here Tony Dismukes, i can assure you this was an "off the cuff" moment for this guy, he used to work at the station i listen to as their producer and has since quit to start a junk business, but has been trying to get his job back and does skits for the Monday morning segment and TBH the guy is quite the D*****bag and really has no clue and your correct that the station gets ratings for his Dbag comments, its just that when he said it i was in shock that no one on the air said squat to him.
Either way, it was a disrespectful thing to say especially when he had no idea of the history of what he was stating.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

It is just an opinion. He got a lot of people killed, or about to be killed, but that is the Job of the President. Presidents are Watchers. So, yeah, emotions we running high, and that guy said nothing incorrect. You have to realize all Presidents spend lives, and people are mad about it.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is just an opinion. He got a lot of people killed, or about to be killed, but that is the Job of the President. Presidents are Watchers. So, yeah, emotions we running high, and that guy said nothing incorrect. You have to realize all Presidents spend lives, and people are mad about it.

????

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the DJ bugs you then listen to something else. I find most DJ's to be obnoxious... Best DJ's play good music and when it's over tell me what they played then play more good music.

OP
ShawnP

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If the DJ bugs you then listen to something else. I find most DJ's to be obnoxious... Best DJ's play good music and when it's over tell me what they played then play more good music.
it was not the DJ, or the host of the show who said this, it was the former producer who does a skit for the show every monday. and i would change the station but i actually like listening to their show even though i may disagree with their views some times. its just that this particular guy erks the heck out of me with the things he says.

Latest Discussions