Dissing Those That Are Different

Status
Not open for further replies.

distalero

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Granted, I never saw SGM Parker use an exit strategy like was demonstrated on the video ... but I also never heard him slam someone else in as public a format as this is either.

-Michael
:asian: I'm not outraged, or trying to slam the guy, nor am I "name" calling (what does everybody here have against girls?). I know enough vocaulary to do that in no uncertain terms. I think I'm being descriptive (ok, description with not a lot of subtlety). The range of human motion lies on a spectrum and his last movement falls on one end of that spectrum. It contradicts Kenpo as I know it. It's also true, I don't have much knowledge of TKD. I'll withdraw the descriptions if they cause that much irritation, but I think that the point about internalized focus, about "being there" as a level of skill obvious in it's presence, or lack of it, to those who know about it, and my other point about practicing for punches that come closer to "real" are ones that deserve comment.
When my daughter was a little girl I read a lot to her. When we got to The Emperor's New Clothes, I pointed out that the theme of that story would serve her well for the rest of her life. I'm reminded of that theme with this thread.

OP
Touch Of Death

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
distalero said:
:asian: I'm not outraged, or trying to slam the guy, nor am I "name" calling (what does everybody here have against girls?). I know enough vocaulary to do that in no uncertain terms. I think I'm being descriptive (ok, description with not a lot of subtlety). The range of human motion lies on a spectrum and his last movement falls on one end of that spectrum. It contradicts Kenpo as I know it. It's also true, I don't have much knowledge of TKD. I'll withdraw the descriptions if they cause that much irritation, but I think that the point about internalized focus, about "being there" as a level of skill obvious in it's presence, or lack of it, to those who know about it, and my other point about practicing for punches that come closer to "real" are ones that deserve comment.
When my daughter was a little girl I read a lot to her. When we got to The Emperor's New Clothes, I pointed out that the theme of that story would serve her well for the rest of her life. I'm reminded of that theme with this thread.
I don't recall anyone slamming little girls so the answer to that question would be nothing, I suppose.
Sean

distalero

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Touch'O'Death said:
I don't recall anyone slamming little girls so the answer to that question would be nothing, I suppose.
Sean

Which you're good at, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions