Dim Mak!

OP
Y

yilisifu

This special art is taught only as a "sub-system." Earl Montaigue alleges to possess high skill in it, but I think Earl's material is way off base. He's been in the outback way too long......

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Chufeng,

My comment was very much tongue in cheek!:p Although having said that, if good ole Erle's Dim Mak is anything like his Yang style Taiji, forget it!!!!:D

Incidentally, I've spoken to Erle on several occassions and he is a really nice guy.

Very best wishes

"When asked about breathing in Ta Chi my Master replied "Yes, keep doing it"

OP
I

Infight

Originally posted by DAC..florida
Infight

check out this web site www.goldenlion.com.au

I have studied Dim Mak a little mostly for pressure points.
It does exist, I dont know about (death touch),

Cool site, just sad cause there is no more specific information about Dim Mak, just historical info, i just hoped to find some how its applied.

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

I have studied it for a bit with my old teacher.
I can attest that it does work. But, like the old saying with great power comes great responsibility.

I have used it a few times when needed with the desired results. The one problem is that there are many people out there picking up printed or video material and practicing techniques with Dim Mak that they do not know how to admin. an antidote when applied too hard in practice or real life.

It can be a very dangerous road for liability if you aren't careful.

Like the old chinese saying.
"If a butterfly knew where to land on a man at the right time he could kill a man"

Chicago Green
Dragon :asian:

Tigertron

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chicago Green Dragon
......Like the old chinese saying.
"If a butterfly knew where to land on a man at the right time he could kill a man"....

That has NEVER happened. So it is safe to say it is a myth.

OP
Y

yilisifu

The statement about the butterfly is certainly mythical. However, Dim Mak, per se, is not.

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by yilisifu
The statement about the butterfly is certainly mythical. However, Dim Mak, per se, is not.

wouldn't be too sure-- heard about some guy who was trying to take a corner in his XKE at 90 mph when this monarch butterfly landed on his nose... Jan and Dean were there-- they could tell you... :rofl:

OP
Y

yilisifu

Yep....on a point called "dead man's nerve." Right?

:D

OP
A

angrywhitepajamas

Has any one else noticed that the dimmak points correspond to several well known massage points.

Im hoping that this is not true.
Itl make it too easy to learn this style for some one only interested in inflicting harm.

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Please read Yilisifu's previous remarks on the training and conditioning reguired to practice Dim Mak.

Latest Discussions