dim mak?

K

karatemn

I recently came across a book called Death Touch, The Science behind the legend at the following site www.dimmak.net
Has anyone read this book? I am thinking about buying it. It was written by a medical doctor and supposedly explains how pressure points affect the body.

OP
R

Richard S.

Dim Mak is a very serious subject. it not only deals with what points to strike in combination with other points to cause unconsciousness or death but what times of day are best to strike them. i wont trust this kind of information coming from a book...........respects.

OP
T

Tachi

I haven't read that book, but I do know a great Dim Mak book by Earle Montaigue and Wally Simpson calle 'The Encyclopedia of Dim Mak: The Main Meridians'. It's full of great information on location, damage and healing of every point on the major meridians.

If you haven't seen it, I would highly recomment it!

Tachi:asian:

OP
T

Tachi

I just read Richard's reply and I must say I agree with using a book as you primary 'instructor'. As a reference, though, I would say there are reliable works available...

Cheers -

Tachi

OP
S

sweeper

I went to the page, I don't think the book makes an attempt to teach dim mak but rather to explain it scientificly. I think it was designed as an aid to someone practicing a martial art that uses preasure points, not as a guide to find them.

OP
K

karatemn

I agree that the book looks like it was intended to be a guide for those who are interested in pressure points/dim mak. In addition, the book's forward was actually written by Erle Montaigue.

OP
N

nathan_sau

I f you want a godd reference for the dimmak or whatever in relation to it, check out this website and send a message to grandmaster pier tsiu-po he is a really nice uy and knows his stuff..

www.dimmakworld.com

:asian: