Did you kick anything in your Shotokan or Goju Ryu kick training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The original question was
"Did you kick anything in your Shotokan or Goju Ryu kick training?"
Some people responded yes.

Then he added it had to be a video.
When videos were shown he added it had to be of a class.
When a class was shown he added it have to be a JKA school.
Now it has to be a JKA only school.

The goal posts keep getting moved.
You missed the part where he asked about the country in question.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score

It doesn’t have to be anything. I never made a claim in the OP, I Asked. Am I not allowed to expand the question?

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You missed the part where he asked about the country in question.

Nope. All countries count. Hybrid Karate MMA schools do not count though because I already know that they accept modern training equipment.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

Soon it’ll be....”it has to be punching “

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
It doesn’t have to be anything. I never made a claim in the OP, I Asked. Am I not allowed to expand the question?
And then when you got given you made up stories about why it’s not legit including calling people liars

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. All countries count. Hybrid Karate MMA schools do not count though because I already know that they accept modern training equipment.
Whether or not all countries count, you asked one person specifically about what country he trained after he answered you, and another where he trains, implying you wanted to know the country.

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Will you ever learn?
Alright... I am ready to learn now. I am ready to admit that, despite my own experience, and the testimony of half a dozen people here who have a couple hundred years of combined experience in the martial arts (I bet we have more combined experience training in Shotokan than you have been alive...) that I am wrong. Despite all these years training, you are correct sir... we have no idea how we train or what a typical class is like.

So please... enlighten me with your wealth of knowledge... I am now ready to learn, if you would do me the favor. Man I wasted a lot of years training, but at least I found the light...

So, now that you have officially won the argument.... (I hereby, officially declare you the winner!) What exactly did you win?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Alright... I am ready to learn now. I am ready to admit that, despite my own experience, and the testimony of half a dozen people here who have a couple hundred years of combined experience in the martial arts (I bet we have more combined experience training in Shotokan than you have been alive...) that I am wrong. Despite all these years training, you are correct sir... we have no idea how we train or what a typical class is like.

So please... enlighten me with your wealth of knowledge... I am now ready to learn, if you would do me the favor. Man I wasted a lot of years training, but at least I found the light...

So, now that you have officially won the argument.... (I hereby, officially declare you the winner!) What exactly did you win?
And a mere red belt. He is a child protege!

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Your claims are not in line with the evidence so far. Nobody has been able to produce evidence of a pure Shotokan school under one of the main organisations conducting kicking drills against targets.

Based on the evidence so far, there is some variable here that you are not being upfront about.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Possible alternative explanations:

You did not kick targets in your school, but did so on your free time.

You did not train in a pure Shotokan school but rather a hybridization.

You did it once a month and pretend as if it was every week.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And you must have meant prodigy. A protege is simply a student of somebody.

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Your claims are not in line with the evidence so far. Nobody has been able to produce evidence of a pure Shotokan school under one of the main organisations conducting kicking drills against targets.

Based on the evidence so far, there is some variable here that you are not being upfront about.

Possible alternative explanations:

You did not kick targets in your school, but did so on your free time.

You did not train in a pure Shotokan school but rather a hybridization.

You did it once a month and pretend as if it was every week.

Like I said... you win. You are correct. Man I wish I could stop lying all the time... You know, its a conspiracy, the shotokan schools are lying to everyone about how they train and what they train... its part of their master plan to take over the world. Man, I bet you just ruined all their plans, now that you found us out... Wait, I might be lying about that too... maybe I am not even associated with shotokan.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Like I said... you win. You are correct. Man I wish I could stop lying all the time... You know, its a conspiracy, the shotokan schools are lying to everyone about how they train and what they train... its part of their master plan to take over the world. Man, I bet you just ruined all their plans, now that you found us out... Wait, I might be lying about that too... maybe I am not even associated with shotokan.

I'm still waiting to eat my shoe if you can produce tape of a class kicking things under one of the main orgs in a pure Shotokan school.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Now you have moved the goal posts again.
I'm responding to your question "Do you kick anything in your Shotokan or Goju Ryu kick training?"
You wanted something on the internet I gave you something.
You then want something with a class.
I presented such.
So now you want something from a specific organization of Shotokan.
If that is found are you then going to want a video from a specific organization from a specific town?
The thing is I answered your question in that there are shotokan schools, groups, & individuals who do kick objects within their kick training.

Danny, can you dig me up some training vids with guys wearing Quigley Down Under cowboy hats?

I really like Quigley Down Under cowboy hats. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
TrainingWheels.png

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Attention all users:

As this thread is devolving rapidly to variants of "did not!" "did too!", and people are treading rather close to the line of getting points, it's now locked. I'm going to publicly note that trolling is against The Rules (4.1):
No "Trolling": Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles, signatures and/or posting comments, which will intimidate, promote or generate hatred or flames among members.

jks9199
MT Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions