Did you kick anything in your Shotokan or Goju Ryu kick training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graywalker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yes, its still done today. Bag work has always been important. I am not a shotokan guy, but Goju Ryu, is part of the Shudokan curriculum.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You're getting smarter by the minute.

Let's recap, shall we? You don't train, you can't kick, your stance is weak, your transition from stance to a weak kick meanders to keep your balance.

Yet, you're here to sarcastically insults members of this forum. What's wrong, kid, mama slap you upside the head and threw away the milk, did she?

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Let's recap, shall we? You don't train, you can't kick, your stance is weak, your transition from stance to a weak kick meanders to keep your balance.

Yet, you're here to sarcastically insults members of this forum. What's wrong, kid, mama slap you upside the head and threw away the milk, did she?

I threw a bullseye roundhouse kick at full speed with zero flinch post kick, wearing boots. 2 years inactive. Now let's see you kick, mr American Karate. Maybe you'll shame me;)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I threw a bullseye roundhouse kick at full speed with zero flinch post kick, wearing boots. 2 years inactive. Now let's see you kick, mr American Karate. Maybe you'll shame me;)
What is a bullseye roundhouse kick, and why is it impressive that you didn't flinch afterwards? I would hope that you're not flinching after your kicks..

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Now let's see you kick, mr American Karate. Maybe you'll shame me;)
Funny... I don't recall seeing yours first. If you are going to call someone out like that... at least show your kick first.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
No you didn’t

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What is a bullseye roundhouse kick, and why is it impressive that you didn't flinch afterwards? I would hope that you're not flinching after your kicks..

One of the measures of kicking dexterity is precision, and I threw it exactly centerline, not an inch to the side. It is also used as a way of keeping track of flexibility. If you cross center line with your knee during the kicking moment, you are overrotating. Overrotation is undesirable.

Flinching happens when you have poor balance and control over your technique, which is usually increased the harder you go. This results in the student either falling on his butt in sparring by overkill, or having poor post kick control with floppy hands all over the place after the kick lands.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of the measures of kicking dexterity is precision, and I threw it exactly centerline, not an inch to the side. It is also used as a way of keeping track of flexibility. If you cross center line with your knee during the kicking moment, you are overrotating. Overrotation is undesirable.

Flinching happens when you have poor balance and control over your technique, which is usually increased the harder you go. This results in the student either falling on his butt in sparring by overkill, or having poor post kick control with floppy hands all over the place after the kick lands.
Show us then....show us this amazing perfect kick

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Is that like the old Bionic Man TV show where they had him run in slow motion to suggest how blisteringly fast he was?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Slow motion made it regular speed :)

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Is that like the old Bionic Man TV show where they had him run in slow motion to suggest how blisteringly fast he was?
!

I had to look up what that is but I'll take it as a compliment.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

So you threw an accurate kick without losing your balance. You've been doing TKD for a couple years right? I would assume that's something any TKD black belt can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions