Devoted Instructor

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Devoted Instructor.
A friend of mine for close to 30 years has been battling cancer for 2 years.
His latest battle involves a 1 month hospital stay and a couple of weeks after that for recovery before returning to the floor of his school which he has run for 20 years.
Like many of us he runs a small park district or community center school with a few classes a week, and lower tuition and testing costs when compared to commercial schools with much larger overhead and greater resources.
Although his treatments weaken him greatly and he has some Black Belts handluing teaching assignments, he has decided to still try and teach some classes thru Skype.
He will have his computer and webcam in his hospital room and one in the gym so that he can viw the students and vica versa.

Just figured that I’d throw this out there since we so often hear the McDojo / Take Yur Do . Horror stories.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now thats dedication if ever I saw it. To the Students.

Its nice to hear some Good once in a while.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Perseverance indeed. I am sure his students who take advantage of his instruction through Skype will treasure it, knowing the sacrifices he is making to spend time with them.

lifespantkd

Blue Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
May he recover fully and enjoy many more years of life and of teaching the students he clearly cares so much about. What an inspiring man.

Cynthia

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Many blessings to your friend. I hope all will work out well for him. Thank you for sharing an inspirational story.

Latest Discussions