Delaware

OP
D

DanRyunAndrew

Lance,

Master John Godwin has a school in Dover. He teaches Tang Soo Do, and is aligned with the World Tang Soo Do Association.

Here is some info on the school (it's in the Blue Hen Mall), and Master Godwin:

info

OP
S

Shiatsu

How would it be excessive? He was asking about other arts. How many kenpo people go in the MMA section? You know what I mean, I don't know that just seems foolish.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cross-Posting Policy
Cross posting is allowed in a limited manner. The same or similar message my be posted in no more than 3 forums. If you feel that your post needs to reach the entire forum community, please contact an administrator and we will add a forum wide announcement, at our discretion, for you. Excessive cross posts will be removed.

An identicle post was placed in 7 forums. As per forum rules we removed some of the dupes.

:asian:

OP
L

Lance

I am just trying to find something in my area from those particular arts, I don't want anyone from kickboxing or karate to reply, as I have no intrest in a karate school.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A couple other places here to look:
- Check the Schools listing, and the instructors listing.
- Check the Training Partner database, as well as the original thread, which I believe is located in the General Forum.

Good luck!

:)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lance
I am just trying to find something in my area from those particular arts, I don't want anyone from kickboxing or karate to reply, as I have no intrest in a karate school.

One of the posts was in the Karate forum.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiatsu
How would it be excessive? He was asking about other arts.

There were 8 posts in 8 different fora. That's against our rules (no more than 3 similar posts). This type of thing causes a problem in at least two ways: Excessive use of resources, and, we have found, it annoys our users who do read multiple fora when they keep seeing the same post in forum after forum.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

OP
L

Lance

Originally posted by arnisador
One of the posts was in the Karate forum.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Actually, I did not post in the Karate forum, I posted in:
General martial arts talk,
MMA,
Kenpo,
FMA,
Modern Arnis,
Muai Thai,
Schools/Instructors.

None of those are in the Karate forum.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lance
Actually, I did not post in the Karate forum, I posted in:
General martial arts talk,
MMA,
Kenpo,
FMA,
Modern Arnis,
Muai Thai,
Schools/Instructors.

You also posted in the Judo/Jujutsu forum, where your post referenced the latter art by name, and in the Karate forum. Perhaps you meant the Karate forum post to appear somewehre else, but unless I am much mistaken, I did delete a post from there.

In any event, let us not argue about this. Welcome to MartialTalk! I hope you have luck finding an instructor near you.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

OP
L

Lance

thank you and I apologise for the numerous similar posts.

OP
L

Lance

I think there is a Silat school here somewhere, that might be better?

OP
S

Shiatsu

For trying to stay close to kenpo, that is a much better option. It would compliment kenpo much better.:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Silat is interesting stuff--you owe it to yourself to at least check out both schools.

Are you still doing kenpo?

OP
L

Lance

well I am looking for a kenpo school in my area, or some kind of filipino stick fighting. the closest kenpo school is a little over an hour away, and I am trying to find something that I can learn that is pretty close to Kenpo or the sticks.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Lance;

I'm in Middletown, but I teach in Wilmington right now. I realize that is a bit out of your way, but I am trying to cut back on teaching rather than add locations. I had some feelers out about starting an arnis program in Camden, but that never came to pass.
Just curious, who teaches Silat in Dover, what style and under whom?

Latest Discussions