Hello everyone!

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for a reality based self defense program in the Dover, Delaware area, if you know of one please let me know.

OP
J

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm originally from California. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, more specifically the Silicone Valley area. I didn't take any martial arts in California except for some intro classes in a Kenpo school in San Francisco. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum .

OP
J

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
"Ave"? What do you mean by that? And what are you skeptical of? I don't understand your response.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Ave"? What do you mean by that? And what are you skeptical of? I don't understand your response.

Ave is what I say to all of the newcomers. I guess you could call it my "signature" greeting.
The thing about being skeptical is my signature that appears at the bottom of all of my posts (you can set up your own in your User CP). "Blaming Descartes for my skepticism" is my little attempt at witt.

It's all good, welcome aboard :)
~JB

OP
J

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the links. Unfortunately, Connecticut would be a long commute for me.

Last edited:

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. Like 14Kempo, I'm also in California.

I wish you the best in your search.

OP
J

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for your welcoming. Lots of good schools in California of course, but it is 3,000 miles away unfortunately...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings...Cannot help as I live in Ohio..

Bangis

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for a reality based self defense program in the Dover, Delaware area, if you know of one please let me know.

Hello, how are you doing and what type of martial arts are you looking for?
For a reality based art I would suggest Muay Thai. It's very direct.

Latest Discussions