Deeper In Debt: Congress Moves National Limit to $12.4 Trillion

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BOHICA, boys and girls. BOHICA.

http://reason.org/blog/show/deeper-in-debt-congress-moves

The national debt limit—as distinct from the federal deficit—was increased to $12.4 trillion this morning, right after the Senate voted to pass a landmark health care bill. The health care bill has to be merged with a House version, but the debt bill will go straight to the President, as it was passed by the House last week:

JDenver

Purple Belt
Reaction score
No escaping it I guess.

Under a Liberal federal government we were posting record revenues and paying down our national debt. This after they took power with obscene levels of deficit and debt handed to them. Then Conservatives took power the past few years and, under the recession, have posted record deficits.

Go figure!

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No escaping it I guess.

Under a Liberal federal government we were posting record revenues and paying down our national debt. This after they took power with obscene levels of deficit and debt handed to them. Then Conservatives took power the past few years and, under the recession, have posted record deficits.

Go figure!

http://bit.ly/7Ll0yo

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, Canada exists. I can see it from my window. ;)

Yes, yes, I can see 'Canada' (Windsor) from downtown Detroit, too; I've even driven over the bridge. But once there, I discovered it's just America. They like to fool us with their funny accents and their touques and their metric system, but they're really just another US state, I'm pretty certain.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's what we want you to think. Lull you into a sense of complecancy. Then we'll take over. One day you'll wake up and have true universal healthcare.

AriesKai

Green Belt
Reaction score
Dear Lord...

Taxes and other expenses go up; My wallet size goes down!

Woo hoo! Longer lines at social services and the VA! :uhyeah:

I'm gonna go ahead and start digging a few holes:

1) My house
2) My bathroom
3) My grave

Latest Discussions