Daft Question

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The old movies Ninja Wars and Shogun's Ninja apparently contain much of the events their "shidoshi" incorporated into their own history.

I seem to remember that Ashida Kim had a history on his site that came from a bad Japanese ninja movie. Maybe they took it from there.

Here is the silly history.

http://ashidakim.com/history.html

Edit- ok, so the history you are talking about seems to be the following.

Saiga Magoichi was born to the family of Suzuki and was head of the Kishu Saiga Ninja Group. He was a master of Tsuda Ryu Kaijutsu, explosives and firearms methods as well as Saiga Ryu Ninjutsu. He based his headquarters on the Saiga Cape. There he recruited men from the Jizamurai (local samurai) from the vicinity of Saiga Castle. He was involved in the Battle of Naniwa Kanzakigawa Gassen in which Oda Nobunaga took part. Saiga employed the tactic of Shakino jutsu " flag discarding" to win the battle. The Saiga group left their own battle flags behind and moved into position carrying copies of the flags of their enemy. Nobunaga who saw his own flags and thought they were his allies (Hayes).

If so, then the source is indeed Hayes. I remember the story, but can't remember the book. And it is not surprising that there would be a movie made loosely based on the actual historical incident. There are a lot of movies made in Japan that use history as kind of a start point.

Is this the history you were talking about?

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
These folks have taken a beating everywhere they posted pictures and scrolls. They, as Don said, posted pictures of an employee from the museum and called him their long lost teacher. They put pictures anyone could get from Hatsumi's dojo. They posted scrolls of things, like calendars and horoscopes that immediately got translated and thrown in their faces. Overall, they are lightweights in the world but there is a reason not to ignore them. They get students all the time and the students are in the age range of 15 to 23 or so. Very vulnerable and very impressionable young people.

I posted some information I learned on Martial Arts Planet. It seems some movies from the early 80's may have provided all the creator of Konigun needed to create his own style. The old movies Ninja Wars and Shogun's Ninja apparently contain much of the events their "shidoshi" incorporated into their own history. It is for this reason that everyone should just be aware of these folks. They like to "borrow" history from others and change their stories on a regular basis.

OK. I have a silly question. Didn't someone post that the Koningun ninja group claims it was almost wiped out by a massive battle with the Togakure-ryu ninja folks? If that's what they're claiming, then why on Earth would you want to visit the 34th Soke of Togakure-ryu? I'm having a hard time picturing the dude thinking he could avenge his fallen brothers and sisters by wiping out Hatsumi-sensei and all of his students present at the time.

Actually, let me rephrase, I can picture it but not in a way that would be favorable to the Koningun dudes. Pesky history repeating itself and all that....... :D

Eternal White Belt

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
OK. I have a silly question. Didn't someone post that the Koningun ninja group claims it was almost wiped out by a massive battle with the Togakure-ryu ninja folks? If that's what they're claiming, then why on Earth would you want to visit the 34th Soke of Togakure-ryu? I'm having a hard time picturing the dude thinking he could avenge his fallen brothers and sisters by wiping out Hatsumi-sensei and all of his students present at the time.

It was actually claimed that there was an "Iga" ninja attack on the konigun, not the Bujinkan or the Togakure ryu. To implicate the Togakure ryu would be to implicate Hatsumi Sensei, Stephen Hayes (who was training there at about that time), and anyone else who was training during that period (which would mean the konigun would be opening themselves up to a lawsuit. They are very adept at skirting legal issues. They claimed the "Iga" ninja attacked, and only "master saija", dallas, and "saija's son" escaped.

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It was actually claimed that there was an "Iga" ninja attack on the konigun, not the Bujinkan or the Togakure ryu. To implicate the Togakure ryu would be to implicate Hatsumi Sensei, Stephen Hayes (who was training there at about that time), and anyone else who was training during that period (which would mean the konigun would be opening themselves up to a lawsuit. They are very adept at skirting legal issues. They claimed the "Iga" ninja attacked, and only "master saija", dallas, and "saija's son" escaped.

Hi Eternal White Belt. Thanks for the reply. :)

Wow. Their true claim is even better than what I remembered!!! I think Don Roley mentioned that there are a bunch of Neon Suited Ninjas operating out of a theme park in Iga. I hope that's not the group that's being credited with almost wiping out the Koningun clan. That'd be..........something......... :)

agranjero

White Belt
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this history and I really think we have all missed it. I think it was really the "Iga Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" that they escaped from. Fight was over a grave misunderstanding with regard to an extra large pepperoni pizza and a six pack of Kirin. It wasn't neon uniforms, it was the radio active glow of their shells. It works as well as any other explanation.

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this history and I really think we have all missed it. I think it was really the "Iga Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" that they escaped from. Fight was over a grave misunderstanding with regard to an extra large pepperoni pizza and a six pack of Kirin. It wasn't neon uniforms, it was the radio active glow of their shells. It works as well as any other explanation.

Ah ha!! So, I guess the Koningun were actually almost wiped out by a "Splinter" Ninja group (insert cymbal crash here)...... Now things are starting to make more sense...... :D

agranjero

White Belt
Reaction score
Ah, "Splinter group" :mst: I needed a good laugh first thing in the work day. It does explain a lot doesn't it? :lfao:

Latest Discussions