Curious? How many reach 100 push-ups?

ktaylor75

Orange Belt
Reaction score
When I first started in martial arts training, I could barely eek out 20 "girl" push-ups. After 5 months of Kenpo, cardio kickboxing, and going to the gym, I can now do 21 military style push-ups in 30 secs. Will I ever be able to do 100 continuous push-ups? Probably not, but that's okay with me, kudos to those who can. :)

OP
S

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I first started in martial arts training, I could barely eek out 20 "girl" push-ups. After 5 months of Kenpo, cardio kickboxing, and going to the gym, I can now do 21 military style push-ups in 30 secs. Will I ever be able to do 100 continuous push-ups? Probably not, but that's okay with me, kudos to those who can. :)

Hello, Everyone can do 100 push-ups or more....just learning and do the right methods is all it takes!

start with the 20 first, wait one minute and then do another 15, wait one minute do another 15, then 10 and last set go for it...everyday...than build up to 25 and do the same thing again...try it for a month....BET you will do 100 push-up in a few weeks?

Aloha

Topeng

Orange Belt
Reaction score
When in the military I could crank out 100 pushups in 2 minutes. For training I did as many as I could in one set, 3 to 4 times a day. I did this for a few months and then tried a different technique which worked equally as well.
If you have about 45 min of uninterrupted time you can dedicate, try this. Do as many as you can. Take a break at least 30 seconds but no more than 2 minutes. Do it again. Repeat until your 45min is up. Someone I served with turned me onto this technique and it worked. There's something about not going over 2 minutes rest but I honestly can't remember the reasoning.
I did these exercises 4 days a week and was doing 100 in 2 to 3 months. Before starting, I was only able to do 30.
Also, benchpressing helped in my pushup ability.
Oh yeah - STRETCH.

Fabio

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Alright... I'm at 60 right now, I'll try to follow the program and see how long it will take me to reach 100. I'll be sure to post about it when it happens.

OP
S

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Alright... I'm at 60 right now, I'll try to follow the program and see how long it will take me to reach 100. I'll be sure to post about it when it happens.

Hello, Everything starts at one.....or the first step to a long journery.

Best of luck to you.....Aloha

akskarate1

White Belt
Reaction score
Every day. I do diamond push ups one day then regular push ups the other with my youngest son on my back hes 54 lbs.

Latest Discussions