Curious? How many reach 100 push-ups?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, How many are still following the training plan....?

Hope many of you did give up? Be honest...!

Where do I stand? I can crank out only up to the 70's....yes I did not follow thru the plan either...started to intense my over all training.

Please lets us know your sucess's.....

Aloha, (maybe by next christmas? ...na..?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Q. How many reach 100 push-ups?
A. Not even in my youth..

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What training plan are we referring to?

I can do it all in one clip....but it is painful and I need some rests (straight arms, bent back). In 20 push up increments with a few seconds rest is no sweat at all. Most of that is the result of being in the military though.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Push ups what push ups, now if you are talking about those you get off the ice cream truck, I can only get though about five and then freezer brain sets in.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Can't do much more than about 15 to 20 at a time to much pain in my back.

Sanchin-J

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I've been able to do over a hundred pushups (in my youth and while in the Army) but then again, you find yourself highly motivated in basic training hehe. Before I went in I may have been able to do 30 or 40 without too much trouble but at this point in my life I can only do about 30, granted I am as out of shape as you can practically get.

OP
S

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Before Christmas time? ...Newguy12 posted a really good plan on reaching 100 push-ups. Since then we did not see anyone post their results?

Masahiko Kimura (the Judo God) did 900 push-ups a day...was consider unbeatable in JUDO pre-world war years.

Hope NO one give up? just need to follow the plan.....STAY WITH IT!

We also found doing 100 + jumbing jacks is a great work out! (try it everyday)

One of the things about martial arts is not just the techniques that needs to be learn?

Is the physcial fittness is the BIGGEST KEY! ....to a successful career!

Aloha ( NOT quite fit yet...) ....

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SL you are right about the physical fitness if you are into that, there are alot of people teaching and doing MA and they are not in the greatest shape. Just my observation.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hope NO one give up? just need to follow the plan.....STAY WITH IT!
That's right. Okay, here we go then. I'll start again. I have been going to the weight lifting gym once per week and practicing TKD twice per week. I will need more now. I'll just have to make the time.

That's right. Aloha to Still Learning! Don't fall off of the surf board, the sharks might be HUNGRY! Hahahaha!

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I can do maybe two. Then I have to stop if I want to be able to use my hands for the rest of the day.

I have rheumatoid arthritis. Pushups are torture.

Lorak

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Don't want to sound like an infomercial.
But I am sure you have all seen the "perfect pushup" device on TV.
I picked one up a few weeks ago at walmat for like $20 and it has helped me a lot.

The turning motion mimics how you would throw a traditional punch in Karate.

Main reason I picked it up was I have a bad right wrist and regular pushups kills my wrist with them on the floor flat, and knuckle pushups( well my wrist aren't strong enough for a lot of them yet).

Anyway I have increased my pushup total quite a bit, and its even made the knuckle pushups easier when I am in class.

*Disclaimer:
I honestly don't think this is really super better than normal pushups or using pushup stands. But it really does make pushups a lot easier on my wrist for everyday use

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't want to sound like an infomercial.
But I am sure you have all seen the "perfect pushup" device on TV.
I picked one up a few weeks ago at walmat for like $20 and it has helped me a lot.

The turning motion mimics how you would throw a traditional punch in Karate.

Main reason I picked it up was I have a bad right wrist and regular pushups kills my wrist with them on the floor flat, and knuckle pushups( well my wrist aren't strong enough for a lot of them yet).

Anyway I have increased my pushup total quite a bit, and its even made the knuckle pushups easier when I am in class.

*Disclaimer:
I honestly don't think this is really super better than normal pushups or using pushup stands. But it really does make pushups a lot easier on my wrist for everyday use

My brother got a pair of these for christmas and they make it hard to do pushups!! I am sure that consistant training on these would greatly improve your push up power!

Lorak

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My brother got a pair of these for christmas and they make it hard to do pushups!! I am sure that consistant training on these would greatly improve your push up power!

LOL,
I will say that I am feeling pushups in muscles that I haven't felt in pushups before. As far as pushups go, when I started using these... it was a very humbling experience.

OP
S

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, We have two pairs of "perfect push-ups" ....different muscles are use plus the gripping the handles puts more stress on the arms.

We bought it to class one day and we were surprise how many students struggle to do 20 +. Only one girl like using them.

Any physcial excercise requires a daily dose to keep up and increase the amount and muscles sizes.....IF ONLY THERE WAS AN EASIER WAY!

There is NO easy way....just the Do everyday way! and NO short cuts works either...I tried taking one day? ...kidding here..

Aloha, (everythings starts with the first one....ends when you cannot do one more...)

gkygrl

Green Belt
Reaction score
When I was an Army MP at 18 years old -- I could do 100 push-ups in 2 minutes (unmodified regular pushups). The motivation: maxing out my PT Test and getting a 3-day leave! Woo Hoo!

Now, I'd be lucky to eek out 10 of them. But it is something I will have to work on. ;-)

Latest Discussions