Cross training in various Kans?

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Takamatsu Sensei had one fruit. That fruit had two other fruit. Please don't try to lump them all together.

Actually, I forgot Sato Kinbei & Masaharu Kimura..
For those that don't know, those are masters that Takamatsu-sensei gave menkyo kaiden to before Hatsumi-sensei. Tanemura-sensei went to study with them after he left the Bujinkan.

I'd say that the civil rights movement of the 1960's, & both Malcolm X & MLK Jr, were the fruits of the labors of both WEB DuBois and Booker T Washington, among other early black leaders. The movement was started by men that Malcolm & Martin never met, but they kept it going.

Why shouldn't we lump them together? They were all trained by Takamatsu-sensei, or were trained by his direct students.

Is the Judo & BJJ of today the fruit of the labors of Jigoro Kano? Yes.
I could do this all day.

Just because you don't like or respect those that practice Takamatsu-sensei's arts, it's doesn't invalidate their knowledge or skills or time in practice. Manaka-sensei would school you, me, and everyone in this forum. That's a fact, & he's worthy of respect. So are Tanemura-sensei, & Muramatsu-sensei.

THE IDEA THAT TAKAMATSU-SENSEI'S ARTS CAN'T EVOLVE OUTSIDE OF THE BUJINKAN IS A BIT LUDICROUS.

DWeidman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Actually, I forgot Sato Kinbei & Masaharu Kimura..

yawn.

What part of what I wrote were you disagreeing with?

Why shouldn't we lump them together? They were all trained by Takamatsu-sensei, or were trained by his direct students.

Feel free to. Just as I will feel free reminding everyone that they didn't all learn from Takamatsu Sensei (which is what your statement implies).

Blah blah blah ...& he's worthy of respect. So are Tanemura-sensei, & Muramatsu-sensei.

Where did I say differently.

Strawman = 0
Doc Jude = 1
THE IDEA THAT TAKAMATSU-SENSEI'S ARTS CAN'T EVOLVE OUTSIDE OF THE BUJINKAN IS A BIT LUDICROUS.

Not all evolution is good.

To each his own.

Which org do you train with again?

-Daniel

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
DWeidman said:
yawn.

What part of what I wrote were you disagreeing with?

DWeidman said:
Takamatsu Sensei had one fruit. That fruit had two other fruit. Please don't try to lump them all together.

You yawning because you're bored, or you're tired, or you just don't get it?

DWeidman said:
Strawman = 0
Doc Jude = 1

Of course, in order for there to be a Straw Man, I'd have to be manipulate or misrepresent some point of yours & then confute it. I'm not. Brush up on your rhetoric, guy.
You said that Takamatsu-sensei had one fruit. YOU ARE WRONG. Next point.

DWeidman said:
Which org do you train with again?

None at the moment, two in the past. Ad hominem, maybe? You seem to think that if someone doesn't wear tabi on a daily basis then they can't possibly have anything to contribute to any of your ninja conversations, & even question their right to participation in general. Silly, if you ask me.

& and you should feel free to insert IMO after everything you say. Unless you want to come across as someone that thinks that his art is superior to everyone else's.

Though, I'm sure that you've trained with EVERY OTHER TAKAMATSUDEN ORGANIZATIONS SENIORS in order to qualify your implication of "non-good evolution".

Right? (maybe a good time for an IMO insert?)

Oh, and...

DWeidman said:
Where did I say differently.

DWeidman said:
Not all evolution is good.

What was your motivation for posting this, then?

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
SOME LAHOO-ZAHER THAT GAVE ME NEGATIVE REP said:
I think you should calm down and maybe apologize for your last line among others. Everyone here is supposed to be on the same path, causing division will not help. I know you are capable of better than this.

Apologize? Yeah, I don't think so. There are obviously folks that post here that don't universally respect martial artists, even in their own style. I see nothing wrong with the last line of my post, but I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MARTIAL ELITISM, as should anyone that puts their blood, sweat, & tears into their practice, regardless of the art. If you have a problem with that, PM me and drop the anonymity.

DWeidman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You yawning because you're bored, or you're tired, or you just don't get it?

Bored and tired of this useless conversation.

Of course, in order for there to be a Straw Man, I'd have to be manipulate or misrepresent some point of yours & then confute it. I'm not. Brush up on your rhetoric, guy.
You said that Takamatsu-sensei had one fruit. YOU ARE WRONG. Next point.

Not so fast. This is what you said:

Manaka-sensei is one of the original old-school Bujinkan students. He lived the days of the hard-style Bujinkan. From what I understand, he's the most technical of the three fruits of Takamatsu-sensei's labors.

He isn't one of the "three fruits" - assuming you now want to change it to include Kimbei and Kimura (as they have nothing to do with the discussion of the 3 ninpo orgs). So... you are wrong. Period. Full stop.

You are just unhappy that there is a connotation that Mr. Manaka and Mr. Tanemura aren't on the same "plane" as Hatsumi Sensei. This bothers you - because you want to think of them all as peers (especially in regards to Takamatsu).

This just isn't so. Period. Sorry.

None at the moment, two in the past. Ad hominem, maybe? You seem to think that if someone doesn't wear tabi on a daily basis then they can't possibly have anything to contribute to any of your ninja conversations, & even question their right to participation in general. Silly, if you ask me.

Not at all. Asking a question isn't an ad-hominem fallacy. Drawing a conclusion or making a statement about the person's arguments because of their "person" - is. Perhaps you should brush up on your rhetoric as well.

I just thought it might help the rest of the readership to know who you currently train with (so they can assess motivations). My sig line clearly states what side of the equation I fall on.

& and you should feel free to insert IMO after everything you say. Unless you want to come across as someone that thinks that his art is superior to everyone else's.

Holy crap - I have no idea where you got that. I cross train like crazy in several different arts and say nothing but wonderful things about them. Or did you miss that? Or did you mean "everyone else's" to JUST mean the Genbukan and Jinenkan? If so - I don't know much about the Genbukan (so I wouldn't say anything about their art) - and I know more than a little about the Jinenkan (so I could offer a very local opinion about it).

Anyway - feel free to continue your crusade dude.

Carry on.

-Daniel

PS. the original topic has been covered - and answered. It is forbidden. The rest of this noise is just that... noise....

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
PS. the original topic has been covered - and answered. It is forbidden. The rest of this noise is just that... noise....

Manaka-sensei doesn't forbid it.

& you're the Ninja elitist. "My Ninja Master is better than your Ninja Master". Are you saying that, or not? According to you, not all Ninja Evolution is equal. Right? or Wrong?

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not at all. Asking a question isn't an ad-hominem fallacy. Drawing a conclusion or making a statement about the person's arguments because of their "person" - is. Perhaps you should brush up on your rhetoric as well.

I just thought it might help the rest of the readership to know who you currently train with (so they can assess motivations). My sig line clearly states what side of the equation I fall on.

WOW. It was completely lost on you, forever. :banghead:

I'm done :lfao:

DWeidman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Manaka-sensei doesn't forbid it.

& you're the Ninja elitist. "My Ninja Master is better than your Ninja Master". Are you saying that, or not?

No. I am not saying that. I am saying "my ninja master is the only one who trained with Takamatsu Sensei for more than 10 hours - from the leaders of the 3 current ninpo orgs". So neener neener.

Better is subjective. Decide for yourself.

According to you, not all Ninja Evolution is equal. Right? or Wrong?

Right.

For example - most of the "evolution" within the BJK is horrible. Just downright pathetic

I actually think the JKN has a better org in general than the BJK. They don't need to be a "fruit of Takamatsu" to be good. I don't think they get their panties in a wad if someone says, "Manaka Sensei didn't train with Takamatsu enough to be called Takamatsu's Student." Why is that so hard for you to deal with?

I think BJJ / Sub Grappling is better than all of Ninpo Orgs.

What you don't know about me could fill a freaking ocean dude.

But keep up the crusade. I love a good march...

-Daniel

Latest Discussions