Credentials and exposure - Was: Is MT friendly as in the TIN?

Exactly how "Friendly" do you feel MT is?

• Same as usual

• Not Very Friendly

• Fairly Friendly with a few arguments

• Very Friendly!

• There has been a dramatic change lately

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
A

A.R.K.

Oh Ken :D

Take the post any way your little heart desires. The fact of the matter is that Kano at the age of 22 developed Judo. Most here would scoff at a 22 year old that founded his own system. You would be at the forefront I would image. Yet he did so and it is now enjoyed by people around the world.

My post was not the rule, it was the exception. Trying to twist things around only shows that your a trouble maker. Big suprise.

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
If you owned up to your own words, I wouldn't have to dig them out.

"...My post was not the rule, it was the exception..." Nice of you to recognize that, after every one pointed out how absurd it was. Please don't ask me to quote what others' reponses. They are all in that "Claims on the Internet" thread.

OP
A

A.R.K.

Ken's still on the agenda :shrug:

And your missing the point entirely, there is no 'requirement' for founding something of value other than desire and focus. One does not have to have X amount of years or be of a certain age or belong to any particular group to contribute something of value. One must never be afraid to try something new if that is the desire regardless of others opinions to the contrary.

If something has been done before...it can be done again.

The point is to make the effort. To not make the effort is to never know the results. My 'system' is not new under the sun, and it may not stand the test of time. Then again, perhaps it will. At any rate it has by the grace of God kept me safe and allowed me to return safetly at night. It has allowed others to do the same. To me that is the most important factor.

Posted by Ken

Please don't ask me to quote what others' reponses.

Actually Ken, please do at great length. It bolsters my comments. Many people thought it absurd for a 22 year old to develop a discipline. Yet it has been done. And since there are no rules against such a thing, it could happen again.

Is this my 'rule'? Nope. Just pointing out a slice of history. No need to 'own up' Ken, I've been saying the same thing all along. Not my concern if you take it the wrong way.

O'well :)

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by A.R.K.
The fact of the matter is that Kano at the age of 22 developed Judo.

I think that should read "started to develop Judo" since he continued to refine it over the next 50 or 60 years. In fact it is still evolving.........I also seem to remember reading he challenged or was challenged by quite a few dojo as well.

OP
A

A.R.K.

Ryushikan,

Now that is a good point that I had not considered. Bravo :asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marginal
Technically. It's what he wrote. There really wasn't room to infer anything else (outside of mind reading). Even the additional comments didn't come across like the amendations offered here claim they were meant to sound.

First, I am not trying to stand on one side or the other. I care not for this road or path.

Second, I do not understand, your post, so I am asking you to furhter clarify. As I cannot follow your last sentence.

:asian:

OP
K

Kirk

MAAAAAAAAJOR change in the number of posts lately. And those
that are being posted are the "Senseless" "post everytime you look" etc threads. The TKD'ers are busy posting, the FMAers are
busy fighting and that's it!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Beginning of summer annual slump.

We've got a few 'skunkworks' projects going on that might kick things up a notch shortly. :)

Something big is gonna hit in July. (And I don't mean T3 at the boxoffice).

:D

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Beginning of summer annual slump.

We've got a few 'skunkworks' projects going on that might kick things up a notch shortly. :)

Something big is gonna hit in July. (And I don't mean T3 at the boxoffice).

:D
That's right! MT is sponsoring a *Boot to the Groin* Marathon, I am gathering additional sponsors now, so you can all just start lining up and assuming your horse stances.